Got my Sprint HTC Hero with Release 1.5

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up my Sprint HTC Hero from my local Spront Store :D
Note the picture on the box time is 10:08 (October 8th??) similar to the Palm Pre release date was also on the Pre box.

Device came loaded with release 1.5 not 1.6
Checked for System Updates - did not result in 1.6 update found.
I thought 1.6 was official and supposed to come preloaded.
Maybe Sprint will update later :confused:

Phone works OK. WiFi works OK. But cannot receive MMS message.
Maybe 1.6 will fix that.
Theres a related MMS problem thread. I will post further info there.

lawilson2

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
HTC has the 1.6 build; they are just integrating it with the Sense UI. Don't be surprised if we don't see this by the end of October.

The link was talking more about Samsung delaying; HTC is already on top of this.

mobilehavoc

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Is the Android update process non-destructive like the Pre? i.e. You can update from 1.5 to 1.6 (and if it works) you lose no data, settings, apps, etc.?

Also what are people doing to backup their data?

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
The G1 1.5 to 1.6 update was non-destructive, so unless HTC release a load of other changes to Sense at the same at their donut build it should not require a wipe

Dave

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
They say Sprint doesn't do OTA update because of a 10mb cap? Not true. My Pre did an OTA update for 87.7mb.

I think Sprint nixed the OTA because of the size and time it took for the Pre update a lot of people complained because they were without their phones for an extended period.

Personally I don't know who would do an update during a time they know they need their phone. I always do OTA updates when I know the phone calls or e-mails coming in aren't of the need a response now type.

GoofyGirl

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
They say Sprint doesn't do OTA update because of a 10mb cap? Not true. My Pre did an OTA update for 87.7mb.

The reason that was possible is because the update came directly from Palm - not Sprint. Or at least that is what I was told. I just converted from the Pre to the Hero - never going back!!

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
The reason that was possible is because the update came directly from Palm - not Sprint. Or at least that is what I was told. I just converted from the Pre to the Hero - never going back!!

Also, the Pre allows for multi-tasking. I remember that when I was downloading an update when I had a Pre, I could still do other things on it and the download would continue in the background. And the install only took about ten minutes, and there's nothing anyone can do about install times, the install will always take some time no matter what devs do to try to eliminate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87