MMS keeps failing

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
For a while now i'm unable to download any picture sent to me. I've tried the stock, handcent & chomp and they all fail.

I am unsure what's wrong. I know at one time i had a problem receiving mail when i was connected to wifi, but that's not the problem anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yes please let me know. I thought mms was disabled on these phones?

I can't help either one of you but I can say with 100% certainty that MMS is not disabled in any way. I use it quite frequently (send and receive) with no problems.

After the whole iPhone MMS debacle I think its safe to say no smartphone will ever launch again without MMS.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I can attest that I do send and receive a lot of MMS with no problems. They look different though from other phones.

When I got a pic from my former roomie (which I believe he still has an HTC touch or diamond or something) I got the picture. When I got a pic message from my mom who has a Blackberry Curve 8330, it asked me to download the image. Both went successful and I can save to SD card.

Zeralva531, did you root and install custom rom with apps2sd? just curious.

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem with MMS unable to download. It always said trying to download then download failed. Called sprint, was on the phone for an hour with them with no solution. The only thing left was to do a hard reset. I did that and it has worked from that day on (It's been a little over a month... I have a feeling I'm going to jinx it now). I'm not saying to do a hard reset because I believe in a previous thread many people said they did a hard reset and it didn't fix it. But if MMS is that important and you have nothing else to do, can't hurt to try... That is besides the time it takes to get everything back to normal.

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
How did they initially program your phone? Did the have you enter codes and numbers? Mms is sent using data instead and a hero must be programmed a different way.

ejqr5

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't having any problems with mms until a few days ago. I was unable to download any messages from anyone outside of Sprint. It seemed to have fixed itself this afternoon. I'm getting mms's without any problems.

alex737

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I had this issue. I brought it to Sprint Store, they said I would have to leave the phone for them to check out. I backed up the info (not much, address book and email id gmail push) and did a factory reset. Took care of the problem