Deleting HUGE SMS threads

sam khan

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
x.x+1=0 (No solution?)

Seems like there ain't any solution. I hv a pc of threads of 7000 and 5000 txts. :-s And my desire can't go wid it, gets so slow while txting or trying to open a thread. M jst wondering why a 1GHz processor cnt go wid it? Tried all above, nt working, force close and nothing done. :-( :-(

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
can anyone post a link or a QR code for the "delete old messages" app?? i've searched the market and appbrain but neither one comes up with an app with that exact name

NuMom2J

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
uh have you tried going - Menu- Delete All Threads? lol

I don't know why you need an app to use sms

this is what i've been trying to do...but it hangs for a moment or two and then i get the pop up saying it's not responding, and i have the option only to force close or wait.

Then when i open handcent again, it either continues to force close or freezes up my phone. when i go to manage apps and click on it through there to take a look at it, it just says computing next to everything and i can't even clear the cache if i wanted to, or uninstall or or clear data or force stop, etc.

they really need to figure out some way to allow us to delete. going thread-by-thread is unnecessarily time consuming!

Last edited:

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
To anyone who is not familiar with the Hero on this thread, it has a very tough time deleting messages. Or playing games, or doing anything smoothly.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well as it seems, I have the same problem and I've found that if you're trying to text someone open up people and send them a text through that. Completely off topic but have you ever sent a text and it send for right about 20 minutes? that happens to me at least twice a day.

scatlowglob

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Here the step:
1. Backup All SMS using "SMS Backup & Restore" app to your externalCard
2. Your devices must be rooted
3. Open root explorer, go to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databeses/mmssms.db
4. if you want you can copy the current "mmssms.db" to externalCard for backup too
5. Delete current "mmssms.db" file
6. Restart phone
7. Now all your sms will disappear, if you want restore just some of sms threads, you can restore them using "SMS Backup & Restore" app from the backup sms data that already made

Hope this help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae