I've just briefly looked at the Hero. I don't know much about it or the "Android world". I seriously need a different phone. I have had only 2 problems with my pro. One, I received text messages late or not at all and second the phone doesn't ring when people call me. Now these problems happen from time to time, just too often and has started to be frustrating.

1) I have been looking at some threads on here about not receiving texts. Is the reboot a permanent fix? Is it as simple as taking out the battery or having to push some kind or reset button to take it back to factory settings?

2) Does anyone have any complaints about the Hero? I know it's new too tell, but anything will help.

3) Is the phone very stable and a good OS. As in, it is a smartphone but also remembers that it's still a phone. If that makes any sense?
    10-12-2009 07:05 PM
    1. Unsure but this has already affected me but it was right after activation. I rebooted and have been okay since Saturday 1pm. I just soft reset.

2. It is a little laggy- but not in the way you might expect. Switching screens and senseui are super smooth. Launching apps is fast but actually launching a call always has a short delay. Not a big deal but worth mentioning.

3. Stable- sense ui has crashed once on me but it simply restarts itself and the core OS hasnt missed a beat. This is a great OS that makes windows mobile seem cookie cutter. I like this device and the Pre- the pre is for those looking fr simple and intuitive and the hero is for the power user.

I carried a treo pro for a few months and loved it FWIW- but these new devices are a huge leap forward imo
    10-12-2009 07:47 PM
    There are fixes for both of your problems with the Treo Pro. My wife has one and I have fixed all of her bugs accept the Windows Mobile turn on by itself bug. You won't have these bugs with the Hero. Remember the Hero is only running OS 1.5 and will be getting an update to 1.6 and 2.0 very soon which will probably help tremendously. If you are more of a business user and don't want the extra media options of the Hero like: Better music player, Pandora, 500% better web browser, better screen, better Sprint Navigation, Better Camera, Social networking integration, then stay with the Treo Pro. It is fast and can be tweaked to do everything you could want. If you are looking for the extras above the Hero really does offer the most bang for the buck on Sprint right now. You won't be dissapointed.

If you want fixes for your bugs you can find them at ppcgeeks.com or XDAdevelopers.com
    10-16-2009 01:16 PM

1) I have been looking at some threads on here about not receiving texts. Is the reboot a permanent fix? Is it as simple as taking out the battery or having to push some kind or reset button to take it back to factory settings?

2) Does anyone have any complaints about the Hero? I know it's new too tell, but anything will help.

3) Is the phone very stable and a good OS. As in, it is a smartphone but also remembers that it's still a phone. If that makes any sense?
    1. I had the same problem my first day. I simply reset it and all has been well.

2. If you're coming from the Pro, you will miss the physical keyboard, as i have coming from the Pre & Blackberry. This is not really a complain of the Hero, because everyone knows that going into the purchase. In regards to actual complaints, i have not really had too many, just some little glitches here and there, bugginess, with widgets updating slowly sometimes... but nothing major at all that would hinder the use or my enjoyment of the phone.

3. Only had it a week but the OS has not crashed on me, and if you're coming from WinMo, i mean anything would be a jump in stableness for you.
    10-16-2009 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD