CDMA Hero 2.3 downgradable?

naedeloc

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.. I just got my replacement Sprint HTC hero and it came with the 2.31.651.7 and I am looking to downgrade to 2.27.651.5 so I can root it and get cyanMod ROM... I have tried to gold card and tried just installing the 2.27.651.5 but I always get an error 140 and tells me what I'm trying to install is an earlier version... Any help is appreciated, thank-you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to downgrade - that software version will is rootable with Z4 App and 1-click root method. Here are the links:

Z4-Root: [APP] z4root - xda-developers
1-Click Root: One click Root APK for CDMA Hero - xda-developers

Then download Rom Manager and install Clockworkmod Recovery. You can then flash the ROM through recovery, be sure to follow the ROM install instructions or ask here if you have any questions.

naedeloc

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Cool... the Z4 root did work... Im only having one problem with the root... I've had cyanogenmod6 on it now I'm on a fresh rom... I cannot get either of these to play videos... before i rooted i could play avi and mp4 or 3gp videos now i cant play any of them and all the players on app market make it so i can play them but its super laggy, words down line up with mouths ect.... any tricks to fix this id be happy even if i had to convert videos to mp4 or other...