Making New Photo Albums

Korps

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I have searched, and only found one answer, but not the one I am looking for. Question: Is there a way to create custom named photo albums to save existing and new photos too? If so, how would one go about doing it?
Thanks.

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
You can either do it with a file explorer or hooked up to the computer. I created a media folder in the root of my SD card and put pictures, ringtones, alarms, and notifications folders in there and each one of them has sub folders. I'm a bit of an organization freak so It's super handy for me to be able to do all this so quickly.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
when your connected to the pc, just open whatever folder you have pictures in and make a subfolder INSIDE the picture folder. you can have as many so you want.

just in case you don't know how to do this.... right click (with mouse) and select "new folder" then right click on the new folder and select "rename"

Korps

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
You can either do it with a file explorer or hooked up to the computer. I created a media folder in the root of my SD card and put pictures, ringtones, alarms, and notifications folders in there and each one of them has sub folders. I'm a bit of an organization freak so It's super handy for me to be able to do all this so quickly.

I tried it, but to no avail. Here is what I did. I plugged in my phone to my computer, mounted the usb. Went to explore on my computer and found the drive. Went to DCIM/100MEDIA and installed a new folder. Unmounted my phone and ejected it from my computer. Opened 'albums' icon on my phone and wala, no new folder. Did I do something wrong? Do you have step by step instructions you could post.
Thanks.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried it, but to no avail. Here is what I did. I plugged in my phone to my computer, mounted the usb. Went to explore on my computer and found the drive. Went to DCIM/100MEDIA and installed a new folder. Unmounted my phone and ejected it from my computer. Opened 'albums' icon on my phone and wala, no new folder. Did I do something wrong? Do you have step by step instructions you could post.
Thanks.

Try using a file manager, copy a pic from the media folder and put it into the new folder and then go to albums to see if it pops up.

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
How I have my pictures organized is in the root of the SD card I have a folder called 'media.'
In that folder I have 'pictures', 'notifications', 'ringtones', 'alarms', 'music', 'videos' and 'playlists' (the playlists is from my media sync so you don't need to create it).
Then using my file explorer, or with my phone hooked up to the pc, I create subfolders in the 'pictures' folder for whatever I want. When I take new pictures I move them into either current or new folders by the same methods. I got this method from these forums when I couldn't get music to play on my hero. Hope this helps.