What Apps/Widgets do you have loaded on your HTC Hero?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I didn't add this one, but the compass in Google Maps makes Street View simply incredible! 360 degree movement!

Also found a nice file manager, but doesn't allow for file movement. Anyone found one that does?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Also, just discovered Teeter today. Very addictive! Any other neat games that male good use of the touchscreen?

Last edited:

Wiseguy158

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Here are the apps/games/widgets that I have and will probably keep:

-Abduction! (game): fun little time killing game...bounce a cow up a series of platforms
-Backgammon (game): its backgammon, the game. play against ppl around the world
-Battery Widget (widget): 1x1 widget that shows your battery level. also has switches for bluetooth, gps, and wifi
-Bonsai Blast (game): fun pop the bubbles/defense type game, pretty good graphics
-Cestos (game): really cool online game, knock other peoples marbles into a pit. more strategy than action
-ChompSMS (program): run it instead of the regular msg program. displays sms' like the iphone (bubbles), has options for free texting through the chomp network (but im not sure how that works)
-Facebook for Android (widget): official facebook widget
-Farm Frenzy Lite (game): fun multitasking on a farm game. good time killer, has about 8(?) levels on the lite version
-Flashlight (program): my power went out the other night, this came in handy
-Hungry! (program): shopping/todo list creator. cross off items as you get them. color code tasks
-Hyperspace Lite (game): roll your marble along a 3d path, trying to beat the clock and not fall off the edge
-Pandora (widget): official pandora, online radio/jukebox widget
-SomaView Free (program): augmented reality program w/ a good amount of customization
-Splat! Bugs II (game): fun time killer, squash the bugs running across your screen. gets fast after a few levels
-Task Manager 1.10.7 (program): its a good program that helps you keep control of items running in the backgorund
-Red Poker Club: Texas Hold'em (game): online poker - graphics could be better, but a lot of people to play with
-Sticky Note (widget): creates "sticky notes" you can place on your scenes as quick note/reminders. just and easy notepad w/ some cool graphics
-Trap (game): trap enough of the screen without letting the little balls hit your lines
-Trapster (program): user ran police speed trap/checkpoint real time map. not sure how accurate it is yet, havent used it too much
-TuneWiki (widget): 4x1 widget that replaced the music widgets that came w/ my phone. has some cool options such as showing lyrics and where else in the world the song is playing at that time

Quite a few apps downloaded. I have a couple other games as well, but nothing really notable. With all these downloaded, and running from the internal storage (not the SD), I still have 90mb remaining and really dont notice lag.

What's everyone else have? Am I missing anything really good?

infenit101

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Here are the apps/games/widgets that I have and will probably keep:

-Abduction! (game): fun little time killing game...bounce a cow up a series of platforms
-Backgammon (game): its backgammon, the game. play against ppl around the world
-Battery Widget (widget): 1x1 widget that shows your battery level. also has switches for bluetooth, gps, and wifi
-Bonsai Blast (game): fun pop the bubbles/defense type game, pretty good graphics
-Cestos (game): really cool online game, knock other peoples marbles into a pit. more strategy than action
-ChompSMS (program): run it instead of the regular msg program. displays sms' like the iphone (bubbles), has options for free texting through the chomp network (but im not sure how that works)
-Facebook for Android (widget): official facebook widget
-Farm Frenzy Lite (game): fun multitasking on a farm game. good time killer, has about 8(?) levels on the lite version
-Flashlight (program): my power went out the other night, this came in handy
-Hungry! (program): shopping/todo list creator. cross off items as you get them. color code tasks
-Hyperspace Lite (game): roll your marble along a 3d path, trying to beat the clock and not fall off the edge
-Pandora (widget): official pandora, online radio/jukebox widget
-SomaView Free (program): augmented reality program w/ a good amount of customization
-Splat! Bugs II (game): fun time killer, squash the bugs running across your screen. gets fast after a few levels
-Task Manager 1.10.7 (program): its a good program that helps you keep control of items running in the backgorund
-Red Poker Club: Texas Hold'em (game): online poker - graphics could be better, but a lot of people to play with
-Sticky Note (widget): creates "sticky notes" you can place on your scenes as quick note/reminders. just and easy notepad w/ some cool graphics
-Trap (game): trap enough of the screen without letting the little balls hit your lines
-Trapster (program): user ran police speed trap/checkpoint real time map. not sure how accurate it is yet, havent used it too much
-TuneWiki (widget): 4x1 widget that replaced the music widgets that came w/ my phone. has some cool options such as showing lyrics and where else in the world the song is playing at that time

Quite a few apps downloaded. I have a couple other games as well, but nothing really notable. With all these downloaded, and running from the internal storage (not the SD), I still have 90mb remaining and really dont notice lag.

What's everyone else have? Am I missing anything really good?

That looks really good.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Handcent (until they get the bug in native sms app fixed)
locale + sync and sms plugins (switches device services on and off based on time or location. GREAT battery saver)
Advanced Task Manager (keeps footprints and HTC twitter client from starting, as well as auto cleans memory)
Battery Widget (same as poster above)
Twitdroid (Twitter client)
Barcode Scanner (must have, especially useful with Cyrket - Android Market Browser )
gTasks (syncs with google tasks)
WeFi (automatic WiFi scanner and connects to strongest access point)
Sprint Telenav
Docs To Go full version

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Widgets:
HTC Clock/Weather
HTC Calander
HTC Next Day Agenda
HTC People
HTC Airplane mode
HTC Bluetooth