Phone protection?

phearxxx

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone not use a case for their phone? I have a rubber case that I bought at Sprint but it adds so much bulk to the phone, wanted to know if anyone else doesn't use any case, and how your phone is holding up.

Last edited:

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I had the Body Glove case for a while, and while it was great... it was a bit bulky. I ended up getting the Seidio Innocase for it instead. I like it much better :)

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I've just ordered a silicon sleeve from ebay. I have one for my Walkman and it's great for protection, but a real dust magnet. I'm now toying with an Otterbox as they do look very nice on the phone.

Electritech

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I use the zagg invisibleSHIELD. Kinda of a pain to put on, but I wanted something just to keep the phone case from being scratched up that wasn't bulky. Removed the clear screen protector after about a month. I keep the phone mostly in my pocket or on my desk. No scratches or dings after 4 months of use, and the invisibleSHIELD is still sticking quite well to the phone.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I used to have a hard rubber case but decided to forgo because it felt too bulky. Maybe I'm asking for trouble but I'm happier without the case. I've only dropped the phone once and didn't have any issues.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone in the wintertime (wearing jackets with big, deep pockets). So, having all of the bulk isn't that big a deal. However, when summer comes and I'm wearing shorts and t-shirts -- this is gonna suck.

This phone is big and bulky (in my opinion) and just NOT easily carried AND protected. I prefer the whole "naked" phone idea in principle. But.... I'm sporting a Piel Frama leather case with a snap cover- this thing is massive and will not be summer clothes friendly. I may have to switch to naked mode in summer.

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Otterbox Case

Otterbox just released thier case for our beloved Hero. I just received mine today. I have previously used the silicone case that came form sprint, the HTC silicone OEM case, the Seidio Innocase and now the Otterbox.

I must say in terms of pure protection, the Otterbox takes the cake. While it may not look quite as "clean looking" as the gels or the innocase, I really dig the way it looks and protects.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Otterbox makes some killer products. I fully support them. I love how secure the device is in it, and how much protection is packed into the case without turning your phone into a brick in your pocket.

abbidad

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I have used Phantom Skinz on my phone since I got it in mid December and it protects really well. Takes some patience to apply but otherwise does a good job.

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm using a cheap Mybat hard plastic case that I bought for 8 bucks. Plus I carry my phone in a holster all day. The case doesn't add a significant amount of bulk but just enough to allow the phone to sit snugly in the holster. The only con is that the case isn't rubberized.

aliahlewis

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the case which I have by making special order for it. It's a leather case and very light and comfy. If you find case uneasy to carry and still need protection then you can try screen protector.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen that metal case? I'm on the mobile site and don't feel like doing the whole search and link thing. But, there was a thread about it on the forum somewhere. It looks sweet.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I got some no-name skin from Handheld Items. It's not a bad case, just loose, especially on the sides, and it attracts dust and dirt.

k-wayne

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I was using a full Zagg shield, but as it started to accumulate dirt and grime, I switched and bought a Seido and have been pleased thus far.