Deleting E-Mail History?

lsquared#AC

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I have some "bad" e-mail addresses that show up in history every time that a choose a recipient by name. They are very close to the correct address and I sometime choose the wrong one which results in the e-mail not being sent. Is there any way of deleting e-mail addresses in history without doing a hard reset? Thanks... (BTW, I have Sprint Hero)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Set your mail app to never check for new mail
Go through your mailbox and forward anything you want to save back to yourself
Delete the mail account
Recreate the mail account, and when it first checks all the mail you forwarded back to yourself will appear.

lsquared#AC

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
The e-mail addresses are ones that I have actually typed in myself. They had errors in them but did not realize it until the e-mails failed. They are stuck in history and I cannot delete them.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Ahhh. Big difference. They are now stored inside your custom dictionary. You can delete it and start again, but editing the user dictionary involves pulling and editing a sqlite database, and unless you know what and how, is more trouble than it's worth.

KenA

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay...can you tell is the "what and how"... I'm tired of seeing old email addresses I don't use any longer and would willingly take the time. Do explain please.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463