Google Voice and Any Mobile, Anytime

toddx

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I've got a questions for Google Voice users:

Are you using GV to dial out? It looks like GV is "calling" a mobile number to compete the call. I'm wondering if these calls qualify for the free Any Mobile, Anytime.

Todd

mikef1182

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I use it and when I call out it shows up as my GV number when I call out. I believe it routes the calls through GV, so it does not count as a mobile to mobile call.

jeffklemin

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I believe it calls a landline--you can login to your sprint account online and see your call log and usage report to see how many minutes you are using anytime. login, make a GV call and login again and see how many minute it counted against the 450 included minutes.

infenit101

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I use to do this all the time with AT&T to save minutes but now there is like no point with Sprints Any Mobile, Anytime and I have 1500 Anytime minutes.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like your trying to squeeze boogers out of george washington's nose but you need to call Sprint retentions and get the choose 'pick' 3 added to your line.

If you add your GV number to the "pick 3" list and check the setting in GV to show all incomming calls as your GV number, basically all incomming calls will be free even if you caller is calling from a landline. Also by doing this your outgoing calls using GV should be free.

I hope i helped but damn ... really? It might be time for you to look at t-mobile so you can have more "anytime" minutes.

SkottM

Oct 18, 2009
trippinskott.blogspot.com
It might be time for you to look at t-mobile so you can have more "anytime" minutes.

LOL. Not T-Mo. See he has a GOOD Android device, he wouldn't want to have to downgrade to a MyTouch 3G, or a G1, would he? See he has a GOOD phone, with a GOOD network. T-Mo has neither of those, until, that is, they buy Sprint, then they should be fine. :D

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
LOL. Not T-Mo. See he has a GOOD Android device, he wouldn't want to have to downgrade to a MyTouch 3G, or a G1, would he? See he has a GOOD phone, with a GOOD network. T-Mo has neither of those, until, that is, they buy Sprint, then they should be fine. :D

Lol i have heard so many rumors about T-mo buying Sprint and i just laugh everytime. When GSM/CDMA technology was built it was not created to be interchangable, meaning its not financial advantageous for a GSM company to buy a CDMA company or visa versa unless the intention is the lease the technology to someone else which would take a long time to make a profit and considering Sprint doesnt even own their own cell towers now.....

Now, how many people will read this and confuse my ramblings of CDMA/GSM with LTE/WiMax? Lol :D

SkottM

Oct 18, 2009
Lol i have heard so many rumors about T-mo buying Sprint and i just laugh everytime. When GSM/CDMA technology was built it was not created to be interchangable, meaning its not financial advantageous for a GSM company to buy a CDMA company or visa versa unless the intention is the lease the technology to someone else which would take a long time to make a profit and considering Sprint doesnt even own their own cell towers now.....

Now, how many people will read this and confuse my ramblings of CDMA/GSM with LTE/WiMax? Lol :D

So you're saying T-Mo owns EVERY one of their cell towers in the US, AND they don't rent a single one?

SkottM

Oct 18, 2009
I'm saying T-Mo rents towers too, so don't try and act like they're a better company because they own some towers. I'm not saying anything about a GSM company buying a CDMA company, although I've been hearing that's what's going to happen... I WAS saying that T-Mo doesn't have any good phones, especially their Droid phones. I was just saying the Hero is a better phone than the G1 and wayyy better than the MyTouch 3G. That's all.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm saying T-Mo rents towers too, so don't try and act like they're a better company because they own some towers. I'm not saying anything about a GSM company buying a CDMA company, although I've been hearing that's what's going to happen... I WAS saying that T-Mo doesn't have any good phones, especially their Droid phones. I was just saying the Hero is a better phone than the G1 and wayyy better than the MyTouch 3G. That's all.

Ok so again im confused ... im a firm Sprint supporter who has been with the company 13 years and owns a Sprint Hero, A sprint Treo Pro, and a Sprint Touch Pro (1 personal, 2 business related)

My original point to the poster was .... Stop trying to pinch pennies, if you want a cut rate company and want Android use T-mo. If you want the best carrier in the nation (IMHO) and want Android, use Sprint.

I think were on the same team but your just reading me wrong.

pileosnafu#AC

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Google Voice numbers would be considered a land line of VOIP number by Sprint. They are not part of the 250 million wireless numbers that are included in the Any Mobile, Any Time feature that is included in your Everything Data 450, 900 or Everything Data share 1500 or 3000 or Simply Everything. If you had pick 3 or 5 on your account and use your Google Voice number as one of then incoming calls to your phone would not be counted against your anytime minutes. 406 Numbers even though they can receive texts are also not listed as wireless according to Sprint.

I do not know (i did a quick search and the answer was not easily found to I'm seeking help here) how it works on the Hero with Google Voice but I do know that on my BlackBerry GV would dial a random number (that google owned) to make outbound calls using the GV number, and it was too many to have them listed as your Pick 5

toddx

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Buggy GV

Thanks for the replies. Anybody noticing how buggy GV seems to be? The phone seems to store the outbound Google Numbers and make them look like they belong to your contact. I'm going to hit the Google discussion and see if I can find any solutions.

Thanks,
Todd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34