custom text tones?

bcrtj457

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to set a different alert for sms messages from different contacts instead of just one notification for all sms messages?

bcrtj457

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
maybe i'll be a little more clear. when i get a text from my sister i want it to play ringtone A. when i get a text from my mom i want it to play ringtone B.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Android leaves a lot of that sort of functionality open for third party software. Good and bad, but in this case good.

Download Handcent SMS from the market. It's free. It's a complete overhaul of the stock Android messaging app, and one of it's features is the ability to have custom ringtones and vibration patterns fro each contact.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Android leaves a lot of that sort of functionality open for third party software. Good and bad, but in this case good.

Download Handcent SMS from the market. It's free. It's a complete overhaul of the stock Android messaging app, and one of it's features is the ability to have custom ringtones and vibration patterns fro each contact.

I've been trying to find the custom ringtone feature in Handcent, but am unable to find it. Could you tell me where I can find it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan