Need WiFi help

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if anyone would know the problem, but my WiFi will work for about 2 seconds then stop. My laptop and computers never have a problem, only my Hero.

I have since factory reset the phone, and now wiped and rooted it and i still have the same issue.

Know what it can be?

It's a WPA-Personal WiFi

BreedOfSpawn

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
My Wifi also kicks in and out, its just the Hero being a Hero. Try downloading an app called Static Wi-Fi. It will automatically run itself when you enable the wi-fi and help keep the signal up.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There is also a wifi bug with the Hero depending on your router. I don't know if that was ever fixed. I don't use wifi, so I wouldn't be able to tell you.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
It depends on our router. I have a linksys N with no problems but a friend of mine had this problem. He did eventually fix it by using WEPA2 + AES for security.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Thank you guys for the help. I'll try tha app first, then maybe the WEPA2 + AES... I'm definitely not too far away though, i'm talking like 6 feet away.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
before 2.1 on my Hero, the wifi sucked. It would rarely connect. I have no issues now, so I think a lot of it is software related. I was worried I had a bad wireless card on the phone, but wireless tether works perfectly, so it couldn't have been that.

Loki#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
what worked for me:

I changed the security setting on my Linksys Router to G only, and then from WPA2 Personal: TKIP/AES to WPA2 Personal: AES.

then I have to make sure my phone Screen Display (under settings) doesn't timeout while I'm using the wifi.

so when I know I want to use wifi I change the display setting to timeout in 10 minutes. Then turn on wifi. And I stay connected with no problems.

I have the wifi and Settings shortcuts on my homepage so it's not a big deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781