• Left a Blackberry

10 29.41%
  • Left a WinMo

4 11.76%
  • Other

5 14.71%
  • Not interested in the Hero

0 0%
    With so many threads about people leaving the Pre I thought it would be a good topic for a Poll to see exactly what the number look like amongst users here.
    10-20-2009 09:10 AM
    Had to pick "other". Replaced a Pre AND a Blackberry with just one Hero. Work and play all on the same phone. All I need now is a Powermat battery cover or a stand alone batt charger
    10-20-2009 01:05 PM
    Thing is, I really like the Pre. But the WebOS development and basic apps that even WinMo has still weren't present. I think it's an awesome platform, but it needs a year to grow. My fault for being an early adopter.

I still miss the real keyboard. This virtual thing is not my fav but every device is going to it.
    10-20-2009 04:05 PM
    I wasn't eligible for any kind of upgrade, so I paid full price for my Hero, and I love this thing. It was $500+. There should be an option for that up there.
    10-20-2009 05:15 PM
    I also paid full price for the Hero coming from a Pre. I got mine on the 9th from BB. Since the girl at the counter was apprently confused I got the phone for $429.99. And after I sold my Pre for $300.00 and after my $50.00 deposit at BB i only paid 79.99 out of pocket. Not bad considering Sprint is selling the Hero for $479.99.

I did like the Pre and WebOs has some definite potential but the Android / Hero platform truely outshines the rest IMHO.
    10-20-2009 06:13 PM
    I switched over from the Pre and paid full price for the Hero. I'm glad I did. There were too many things that were missing from WebOS. Android has managed to include all the things I wanted on the Pre and added some nice extras that I didn't expect. I'm not accustomed to using a virtual keyboard, but even the typing is fare more enjoyable than the Pre's physical keyboard. I also love the Hero's spell prediction and auto correction.
    10-25-2009 10:33 PM
    Coming from the BB Tour. Sprint never removed my upgrade eligibility so I took advantage of it to get my Here. Sold the Tour for $400, so basically the Hero was free and I pocketed some extra cash.
    10-25-2009 10:48 PM
    Blackberry died on me so I moved on. Didn't pay full price, was eligible for $75 off and went with the Hero. I still miss the physical keyboard and even thought about trading for a Moment, but as I use the Hero more and more everyday, I think I made the right choice.
    10-25-2009 10:52 PM
    I qualified for an upgrade with one year left in my contract and got the Hero for $180 after $100 rebate . I had an HTC Mogul/WinMo and I HATED that thing. I swore up and down that I was done with both HTC and WinMo but the Hero's great review convinced me to give HTC another shot. Not WinMo though, never again.

So far I'm very pleased with the android. Microsoft Exchange was really one of the features the phone had to have and I'm pleased with HTC's Exchange support. So far I'm very happy.
    10-25-2009 11:00 PM
    Had a BB Curve. I liked it fine, but was eligible for upgrade in October and had been planning on getting a Pre. When the Hero reviews hit, though, I knew it was the one I wanted. So far, I'm loving it -- even the OS keyboard is much better than I thought. After calibrating, I can type pretty fast even in portrait mode -- with few errors thanks to the predictive text. Mine lags now and again, and I have the creaky buttons others have mentioned, but otherwise it's been great.
    10-25-2009 11:12 PM
    I had my 18-month upgrade date circled in red, and on that exact day I went to BB and "downgraded" from a Centro to the Pre. I should have given up on it before my 30 days was up. webOS has great potential, but that's all it is at this point. Style over substance. (Even nearly 5 months after launch.) I could recite the usual litany of Pre complaints. 60 days in, I was contantly scouring the web for information on Android and thinking about switching, all the while complaining to my wife and coworkers about what the Pre couldn't do that my old Centro could. When the Sprint Hero reviews hit, I decided to get it off-contract and try it for 30 days. 2 weeks later, I'm pretty sure I've found the best phone available from Sprint. The Moment previews and early reviews seem to confirm that.
    10-26-2009 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD