Silicone case for Hero from Sprint

meangreengdub

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have the Silicone case from Sprint? I'm curious if it's any good. A big deal breaker is whether or not it will go in and out of my pocket easily because thats where my phone is 90% of the time. Thanks!

eddieroger

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I have them - they came in a two pack. It still slides in and our of my pocket reasonably well, but it is textured so it will add resistance. I'm not sure if I'm bothered by this, but the case does add some bulk to the phone, both thickness and some weight. The case definitely protects the phone - nice padding if it falls on it's backside, and the case thickens the front so the screen may not hit whatever it falls on.

meangreengdub

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have them - they came in a two pack. It still slides in and our of my pocket reasonably well, but it is textured so it will add resistance. I'm not sure if I'm bothered by this, but the case does add some bulk to the phone, both thickness and some weight. The case definitely protects the phone - nice padding if it falls on it's backside, and the case thickens the front so the screen may not hit whatever it falls on.

So it doesn't feel like the case will slip off pulling it out of ur pcoket?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Here's my problem with buying from some of the on-line retailers. While their prices are good their products tend to be inferior. I purchased a rubberized hard case for my Hero from HandHeldItems.com, the first one arrived cracked and the second cracked the first time I removed it from my phone.

The old saying "you get what you pay for," has proven to be true with some of these smaller on-line retailers.

meangreengdub

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Here's my problem with buying from some of the on-line retailers. While their prices are good their products tend to be inferior. I purchased a rubberized hard case for my Hero from HandHeldItems.com, the first one arrived cracked and the second cracked the first time I removed it from my phone.

The old saying "you get what you pay for," has proven to be true with some of these smaller on-line retailers.

Ya, that makes sense. I wish I could buy JUST the black one from Sprint so it's cheaper. I will never put the blue one on.

I went to 4 stores today and all of them were sold out of the case, lame.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I got the cases from Sprint today. Stays snug on the phone going in and out of pocket, bit I have found that even after putting phone into sleep mode, it wakes up in pocket. I keep phone in pocket facing me to protect screen, but I think pressing end button and menu button takes it out of sleep mode. Can that option to unlock be deactivated?

I love this phone, BTW...

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I got the cases from Sprint today. Stays snug on the phone going in and out of pocket, bit I have found that even after putting phone into sleep mode, it wakes up in pocket. I keep phone in pocket facing me to protect screen, but I think pressing end button and menu button takes it out of sleep mode. Can that option to unlock be deactivated?

I love this phone, BTW...

Single press on menu brings up lock screen, double wakes up phone. You can set an unlock pattern to keep it from dialing etc in pocket in settings-->security.

But thats a pain in the ass lol. For now I'm using a pleather case made for "medium size smartphone" I bought at wallymart. Ugly, and not the best fit, but keeps it asleep in my pocket.

meangreengdub

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Just got the case, it's great. With the Premier discount it came out to $16, not bad. Too bad they don't sell the colors separate, I don't care for the blue.

prot0type

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Something to consider, I tried my friend's silicone case for her MyTouch on my phone and its not a bad fit at all. The cuts for the usb port and camera are a little bigger, but not huge. My only concern is it's blocking the mic, but a well placed pinhole should fix that. Anyway it's $15 at Tmobile, comes with a lanyard if that matters, and is available in 7 colors or so. Personally, it's a good alternative for the time being till 3rd party accessory makers start rolling out more options(I'm looking at you Seidio!).

Last edited:

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
For less than $8 you can get the rubberized hard cases that snap together. They're all over ebay and amazon. Thinner than the silicone cases and a little more rugged. Can't stand silicone personally.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
prot0type said:
Something to consider, I tried my friend's silicone case for her MyTouch on my phone and its not a bad fit at all. The cuts for the usb port and camera are a little bigger, but not huge. My only concern is it's blocking the mic, but a well placed pinhole should fix that. Anyway it's $15 at Tmobile, comes with a lanyard if that matters, and is available in 7 colors or so. Personally, it's a good alternative for the time being till 3rd party accessory makers start rolling out more options(I'm looking at you Seidio!).

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! We want to let you all know that we now have a full line of accessories for the HTC Hero and MyTouch 3G as well as other Android devices. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions and we will be more than happy to answer them for you!