I have a Palm Treo 700w with lots of information in my contacts, memos and calendar section. When I got my Hero yesterday, the guys in the SPrint store synced over the contacts into PEOPLE (in the Hero) - but only the names and phone numbers really worked - 90% of the addresses and attached comments are now garbled, cut in half and are no good to me. Secondly, how do I transfer my memos (notes) and calendar to Hero. I have GREAt Palm software that I sync weekly on my laptop with my Palm Treo and will need to do the same with my Hero - sync it weekly and arrange appointments etc., but I need all my Treo information into my HEro - how can that be done please. Thank you.
    10-21-2009 09:10 PM
    Go to CompanionLink for Google and it has exactly what you want.

And, you don't have to give up Palm Desktop!
    10-22-2009 09:48 AM
    There is no problem getting google to sync with your phone, getting gogle to sync with my computer was harder.

this google page shows you how to set up your iCal to sync with google.
    Get Started with CalDAV - Google Calendar Help

I used Syncman to sync my contacts with google, it worked flawlessly and withing minutes Google synced with my phone. very cool and Syncman is cheap compared to some of the others 5 licenses for about $30, nice because my wife needed one and my friend needed one, and my....
    Still working on a good solution for memos
    Syncman | Synchronizes Address Book with Gmail
    01-23-2010 08:18 AM
    I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Turn off your Hero
    2. Sync your Treo to your Gmail account (contacts and calendar). This assumes your 700w has WiFi
    3. Turn on your Hero and let the sync begin.

You may also want to back up all of you contacts before any move. I'd consider cleaning out the previously synced contacts in your Hero before proceeding also.

If the 700w no longer has data connectivity AND you previously synced to Outlook, you can export import from Outlook to Google contacts online.

Good luck,
    Todd

P.S. Reminder --> Back up your contacts! A good contact list is hard to replace.
    01-25-2010 08:52 PM
    One real easy way to get your contact info transferred is to go to any Sprint Authorized Service center. I am an ASC and we all have the means to easily transfer all your contact info from one phone to another. Also, this service is free to the customer. Sprint pays us to do the transfer for you. Hope this helps.
    01-26-2010 07:24 AM
    One real easy way to get your contact info transferred is to go to any Sprint Authorized Service center. I am an ASC and we all have the means to easily transfer all your contact info from one phone to another. Also, this service is free to the customer. Sprint pays us to do the transfer for you. Hope this helps.
    He did that, but not everything crossed over properly. I just inputed everything to my MAC, uploaded it to Google contacts online and synced with phone and I was all set with names and addresses. I don't use memos, so I wouldn't know how to sync that for you.
    01-26-2010 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD