Need help keeping backlight on!

abbidad

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
On my first HTC Hero, I had it set so the screen would stay lit whenever it had an external power supply attached. Since I had to replace my original, I can't seem to get it back to those settings. I use the GPS in my car as I drive 3 or 4 hours a day and it gets very annoying having to constantly push the menu button every minute to light the screen up. Would someone please help me with my dilemma? :(

pjwatson104

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Setting

On my first HTC Hero, I had it set so the screen would stay lit whenever it had an external power supply attached. Since I had to replace my original, I can't seem to get it back to those settings. I use the GPS in my car as I drive 3 or 4 hours a day and it gets very annoying having to constantly push the menu button every minute to light the screen up. Would someone please help me with my dilemma? :(

I can no longer locate the setting for keeping the screen active while charging, but there is an option to keep the screen lit always. Go to menu, settings, screen time out and select the appropriate time. This just means you will have to hit the end button to turn off your screen.

I will continue to look for it, because I had that option chosen on my first Hero as well.

Best, P

pjwatson104

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
When the gps is running the screen shouldn't turn off. And leaving your phone in stay awake can kill your battery.

You're right about the GPS. But, how Gbhill explained, it will only keep the phone awake, but dimmed, while on the charger.

The way I initially explained would kill the battery. I had trouble locating this setting when I had to reset my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007