Battery Life Question

jwilcox09

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm new to android from BB and was wondering if anyone know if using the standard home screen rather than the SenseUI home screen will save battery life? Also if so, would it be possible to uninstall the SenseUI without rooting, as I don't really need 7 screens of stuff.

Thanks!

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I too would like to know about some tips on saving battery life. I am new to the Hero from the Pre (terrible, had 3 touchstone chargers all over the place). Today is day one and after light to moderate use at the office, i'm down to 40%. Hope that it might make it through the day, otherwise I'll be looking for several chargers again...

iknewya

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I too would like to know about some tips on saving battery life. I am new to the Hero from the Pre (terrible, had 3 touchstone chargers all over the place). Today is day one and after light to moderate use at the office, i'm down to 40%. Hope that it might make it through the day, otherwise I'll be looking for several chargers again...

yeeeeee! i'm coming from a Pre too :)

mine should be arriving on friday!

any tips and hows the move going for you?

iboost79#AC

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
At first I had the worst battery life. I was needing a charge every 4 hours. Then I changed all of my retrieval settings. I went from 30 minute intervals to manual updates on Twitter. That alone made a huge difference. I can now go a full day without charging. But the signal strength is a huge factor, the lower the bars, the more battery it uses.

I did order a 1800Mah extended slim battery. Hopefully, this will improve my battery woes.

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest reading through the sticky for the Hero first m.forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=669 . Theres lots of good info in there, battery and otherwise. If you are interested in rooting, or even wanna iust wanna educate a bit on it, head to the Hero rooting/hacking forum. Basically, all the info is here, just gotta look a bit :)

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There is a way to turn off sense, but I forgot how. I'm on 2.1, and I've been drinking because its St. Patty's day, so I can't help you much.

notasimpleway

Jan 30, 2010
www.kencaruthers.com
To turn off Sense UI and I don't have 1.5 loaded so you will have to bare with me.

Go to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications(wait for them to load. Takes a min or two) - Then scroll down till you see "SenseUI" or "HTC Sense" Not sure which one is in the 1.5 version of Android. Click it and scroll down till you see "Launch by Default" or something like that. Now hit "clear defaults". Now hit your home button. A new menu will pop up asking if you want to use "Home" or "Sense" as your default. You can select "Home" for vanilla Android or HTC Sense. If you want it to save, click the default at the bottom. Or else it will always pop up asking you which you want to use.

If you want to undo this after making Vanilla your homescreen, just do the same thing, but under apps look for "Home" and clear the defaults.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
There are already a couple posts that delve into this topic already. That said, I suggest you disable auto backlight and adjust brightness to a level you can live with.

If you really want to manage your phone's battery usage, have widgets on one screen for toggling Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS and Mobile data on or off (these are HTC widgets). I keep Bluetooth and GPS turned off for the most part and use Wifi at home and Mobile data while I'm out.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
The other thing that I find helpful is to change your SMS service. I believe it is documented out there that the default SMS client keeps a connection open after sending a message, even though it shouldn't. This then kills the battery. I'll search the forums to see if there is any how to on that. If not, I think it is something we should get out there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae