Ok so I know the LED on the left lights up when charging and on notifications but what's the one on the right do?
    10-25-2009 09:47 PM
    It's the light sensor.
    10-25-2009 09:49 PM
    Haha, I was just wondering that same thing the other day, I was actually doing stuff intentionally on my phone (missing calls and texts, etc) to see if I could get it to light up, but just wouldn't happen.
    10-25-2009 10:01 PM
    It's the light sensor.
    I have the auto brightness turned off and my screen turned down to save battery. Does having it on auto eat more battery since, at time, the screen will be brighter?
    10-25-2009 10:42 PM
    I suspect the auto setting probably does save battery life. But the auto setting sometimes doesn't result in consistent operation. The screen will occasionally dim in bright light or brighten in dim light, depending on the app. So I disabled it and set it to 25% with the Brightness Level widget. That's bright enough for everything but outside use.
    10-26-2009 06:47 AM
    I tried 2 different brightness level widgets but they didn't seem to work properly. If I chose a level, it said it was set at, say, 25%, but didn't actually go to that level until I opened the brightness setting. I didn't have to DO anything with the brightness setting, just opening it made it go to whatever I had set with the widget. Didn't seem any easier that just adjusting in the settings. Have you had luck with a widget?
    10-26-2009 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD