Show your Homescreens! (not mobile or dial up friendly)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Sharing the customization of your phone's homescreen(s) seems to always be a popular subject in smartphone forums, so let's get the ball rolling.

How to get them:
How to take screenshots on an Android phone

Where to host it:
Photobucket
Tiny URL

How to post it:
EHow - How to post images on an online forum

Home.png

As you can tell, I prefer function over beauty
Can't wait to see everyone elses!

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
What resolution are Hero wallpapers in? I've been wanting to crop a few of my pics so I can set them as wallpapers, but aren't sure what resolution to crop them to..

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
320x480 for the lock screen

640x480 makes a great semi-static wallpaper across all 7 screens.

Attached is a PSD of bottom dock placment if you want one. Drop your wallpaper in the bottom layer and you're set.

travisFC

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Sharing the customization of your phone's homescreen(s) seems to always be a popular subject in smartphone forums, so let's get the ball rolling.

How to get them:
How to take screenshots on an Android phone

Where to host it:
Photobucket
Tiny URL

How to post it:
EHow - How to post images on an online forum

Home.png

As you can tell, I prefer function over beauty
Can't wait to see everyone elses!

Great idea!

Very nice...would you mind sharing your wall paper? It is so clean.

Also what weather widget is that...or is that just the weather app?

I am so excited for the Sprint hero to get rooted so I can change the icons

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I used those instructions for screen-grabs too, but found two issues with them
1) I had no need to install anything other than the SDK - no Eclipse or IDE. And installing the SDK was just a case of copying the folder to my C: drive
2) I had to edit the DDMS.bat file to hard-code in the location of my java exe (I could have put it in the PATH variable but either works)

Dave

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Great idea!

Very nice...would you mind sharing your wall paper? It is so clean.

Also what weather widget is that...or is that just the weather app?

I am so excited for the Sprint hero to get rooted so I can change the icons

Sure. Attached :) It's just a shortcut to the weather app. Im using Bettercut to change my icons.

I used those instructions for screen-grabs too, but found two issues with them
1) I had no need to install anything other than the SDK - no Eclipse or IDE. And installing the SDK was just a case of copying the folder to my C: drive
2) I had to edit the DDMS.bat file to hard-code in the location of my java exe (I could have put it in the PATH variable but either works)

Dave

I just googled those directions lol. I already had Eclipse on my Winbox, just unzipped the SDK and dl'd the plugin. I figured someone would want to know and I didn't wanna re-invent the wheel. You realize you have just been appointed the resident Screengrab Tech :) Get to writing!

SkottM

Oct 18, 2009
trippinskott.blogspot.com
Oh man. I tried for HOURS last night and early this morning to figure that out. My Macbook Pro was just not having it. Whenever I would try to open DDMS, I would get an error in my Terminal, saying something about ANDROID_SWT being missing. I looked and there is no ANDROID_SWT in the SDK. I was getting super pissed. I tried tying my Eclipse to Android with the plugins... Wasn't going down.

Why hasn't someone developed a screenshot app for Market? WTF. I'm about to fight just thinking about it.

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
Oh man. I tried for HOURS last night and early this morning to figure that out. My Macbook Pro was just not having it. Whenever I would try to open DDMS, I would get an error in my Terminal, saying something about ANDROID_SWT being missing. I looked and there is no ANDROID_SWT in the SDK. I was getting super pissed. I tried tying my Eclipse to Android with the plugins... Wasn't going down.

Why hasn't someone developed a screenshot app for Market? WTF. I'm about to fight just thinking about it.
there are apps for it but you have to have a rooted device.

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
You realize you have just been appointed the resident Screengrab Tech :) Get to writing!

Haha, only for Windows.

The other tip is to make sure the ADB driver is installed properly. I think if you have already installed HTC Sync you have it already. Otherwise it's in the usb_driver folder in the SDK location. When you plug your phone in, if you get a message saying no ADB driver found you can install the correct one from there.

Oh man. I tried for HOURS last night and early this morning to figure that out. My Macbook Pro was just not having it. Whenever I would try to open DDMS, I would get an error in my Terminal, saying something about ANDROID_SWT being missing.

No idea about Mac, but give it's based on some kind of UNIX, do you need to put the SDK folders in the PATH for DDMS to be able to find them?

Dave

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Spruced things up a bit. My wife and Daughter fussed at me for having a phone with an amazing UI and not using it, so I appeased them :p

waves.png

Wallpaper is attached.

skilledone

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Spruced things up a bit. My wife and Daughter fussed at me for having a phone with an amazing UI and not using it, so I appeased them :p

waves.png

Wallpaper is attached.

Oh wow I love your home screen. It's very clean and elegant, good job :)! How did you get the time embedded like that?

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

waves.png

Wallpaper is attached.

Where did you get the very clean looking "Gmail" icon or shortcut, might I ask? The stock one is skewed at sort of an angle as is not very clean looking.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
it's from the market, called Gmail unread. Don't have a link handy as I'm at my work PC, but a search of the market should find it. IMO well worth the 99 cents the dev is charging

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Clear Sense screenshots

Am loving the crystal clear theme for Sense. Have a few new pics to add

Lock Screen
snap20091110_235001.png

Homescreens in order from 1-3
snap20091110_235023.png

snap20091110_235018.png