Bluetooth to Garmin Nuvi

Particleman

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello
I just purchased a Garmin Nuvi portable satellite navigation (sat-nav) unit for my car.
It has a bluetooth feature and I can connect my Hero no problem.
When I receive a call a message appears on the sat-nav saying I have a call and options "Answer" and "Ignore".
When I press the Answer button nothing happens and it continues ringing.

I have found however, if I answer the call on the Hero - it works fine. I can have a conversation via the sat-nav.

I'm wondering is this normal behaviour? Or should I be able to answer and hang up directly from the sat-nav unit.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

Thanks and regards

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
That is odd, i would try unpairing, forget device on both machines and try pairing again and see if it repeats. I don't think it supposed to do that, as I can answer and end calls from my bluetooth headset.

Kcarpenter

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a cheap headset that did that, it paired at "0000"
But garmin != cheap.
The more expensive headset I have works fine pairs with "1111". Not sure what the difference is.

Particleman

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I have tried unpairing and re-pairing. Same result.
The Garmin only gives one passkey option "1234"

The infuriating thing is my girlfriend's blackberry works well with it... damn it!

Will keep trying to find a solution.

Graham Burt

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
That is the advice from Garmin Andrew, when I am on hands free I sound like Norman Collier to the other peson
on my Galaxy S5, didn't work for me

I had a 6 yr old Streetwise Pilot (Garmin) and it worked fine with S5 but traded it in at Halfords

Garmin Nuvi is obviously the problem, wanting my money back

Graham

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro