Review of Jetstream

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I always felt like something was missing with Honeycomb. Now with Sense, its a great experience. For those of you that own or have tried a Flyer/View already have a good idea what sense is like on a tablet, but Sense on Honeycomb is seems more complete.

The included widgets are very helpful and slick. The ability to use the pen now to navigate is also a bonus feature. In the past with the Flyer, you couldn't navigate or select menus or buttons with the pen, now you can. HTC has modified the stock browser and email, both of which are huge improvements over the stock applications.

Sense is cool, and makes the Jetstream fun and overall a more useful device.

Looking forward to your thoughts on Honeycomb + Sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: delthor7

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I watched the review a few days ago. IMO this could be a great wifi tablet IF HTC releases it at a good price. ATT really messed up on this because I believe they could have really stolen sales from verizon with this. Their FIRST LTE branded device and they price it next to the xoom, which sold as many units as the HP touchpad before the price drop), but Im sure their contract with a certain other company (Apple) fudged that up. Anywho, Im not saying that this tablet has to be cheap, but somewhere in the neighborhood of the GTab 10.1. I own the tab 10.1 and love it. I really like the Touchwhiz interface. From the review, HTC sense doesnt seem as good IMO( Dont really like the weird sized weather widget/clock) . But its just Sense 1.0 for tablet, so I am sure it will get better.
Thats just my 2cents

oldescript

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I watched the review a few days ago. IMO this could be a great wifi tablet IF HTC releases it at a good price. ATT really messed up on this because I believe they could have really stolen sales from verizon with this. Their FIRST LTE branded device and they price it next to the xoom, which sold as many units as the HP touchpad before the price drop), but Im sure their contract with a certain other company (Apple) fudged that up. Anywho, Im not saying that this tablet has to be cheap, but somewhere in the neighborhood of the GTab 10.1. I own the tab 10.1 and love it. I really like the Touchwhiz interface. From the review, HTC sense doesnt seem as good IMO( Dont really like the weird sized weather widget/clock) . But its just Sense 1.0 for tablet, so I am sure it will get better.
Thats just my 2cents

I think you're spot on...I don't need another data plan with AT&T...I would however buy a wifi version today!

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I checked out this tablet at the AT&T store today and was quite impressed -- but it's simply not going to sell at this price especially now that the Kindle has been announced at $199 and the HTC Flyer was reduced to $299. Granted this is a high end tablet and so I don't expect it to be $199 -- but it really should be no more than $649 *without* a contract and maybe $499 with one.

These days, if you price your tablet the same as Apple prices the iPad, or in this case price it even higher -- then almost everyone is going to choose the iPad. Making it worse, the iPad 3 is on the horizon and it will likely have a retina display and possibly HSPA+ if not LTE as well.

I expect the price of the Jetstream to plummet by the holidays--or it will simply be pulled off the market entirely.

rcw1126

May 7, 2011
Visit site
If you've been waiting to buy this device, you might go back into the store. I did that yesterday, and walked out with one.

Here's what I got:
MSRP now reduced to $599.99 (with digital pen thrown in)
$150 reduction from store manager
$50 gift card
Net price: ~$400 depending upon how you value the AT&T gift card (has to be used on AT&T accessories)

It's quite obvious that AT&T now realizes that it blundered in the initial pricing and is trying to move the devices out the door.

backtothemac

May 10, 2011
Visit site
If you've been waiting to buy this device, you might go back into the store. I did that yesterday, and walked out with one.

Here's what I got:
MSRP now reduced to $599.99 (with digital pen thrown in)
$150 reduction from store manager
$50 gift card
Net price: ~$400 depending upon how you value the AT&T gift card (has to be used on AT&T accessories)

It's quite obvious that AT&T now realizes that it blundered in the initial pricing and is trying to move the devices out the door.

How in the world did you get the $150 discount from the store manager? Did you get into a negotiation with them? That is awesome, and would love to try that same tactic.

rcw1126

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I told him that I was about to order a Lenovo Thinkpad, which could be purchased from Abe's of Maine for $412 with no taxes and free shipping. I'd written down the Lenovo cost on the left side of a sheet of paper and totalled the cost of the Jetstream (net of the AT&T gift card and state taxes) on the right side. When I showed the two side-by-side to him, it was obvious that he'd have to come down by at least $150 to be even close to the Lenovo's cost.

I admitted to him that I preferred to have the Jetstream, in part because I wanted the 4G cell reception; but, I also told him that the price discrepancy was too great. He asked me if a one-time credit of $150 to my cellphone account would get me there, and I said "yes."

I have no idea whether his peers can follow suit. Frankly, I was amazed.

I should also mention that I have a small business account; but it only has two lines. I have no idea whether the small business aspect had anything to do with it.

By the way, so far, so good with the Jetstream. I really love it. Now, if we can just get it rooted!

vbcomer

May 14, 2012
Visit site
It could be too late to answer your question but yes, I tried the MHL to HDMI bought from eBay for $7.59 including shipping from HK, try search for "Male MHL Micro USB to HDMI Adapter Cable for Samsung Galaxy S 2 i9100 HTC". You have to wait 2 weeks but the result is great. My children actually went up to my HDTV and tried to swipe the screen as if it were a touchscreen.