Jetstream Reboots Constantly

mrnserv

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
1st Jetstream worked great for about 2 weeks. Yesterday took out of airplane mode after flight and tablet started rebooting randomly on its own, also seemed slow to reboot. Tried various settings with Mobile Network and WiFi and same problem. Swapped SIM card at store and problem still existed. Did a factory reset and removed all data and programs and still reboots. When on phone with HTC support tablet was in endless loop of rebooting and restarting without doing anything, just watching it. At one point could not even get tablet off. Determined tablet must have hardware issue.

Returned tablet to ATT store for replacement and received new tablet and new SIM. Seemed OK for time in store and short time, but then started up with new tablet. Now tablet reboots and restarts randomly when using it. At this point there are no programs on it besides default AT&T programs and no data, factory loaded software. Seems to occur with Mobile data network or WiFi.

2 bad tablets??? Any ideas???

kgemini22

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having the SAME problem and I did exact that, returned it, got a new one. SAME PROBLEM, but it's not rebooting as often, it's every 10-15 minutes now it seems. On the first one, the culprit was the cellular data, and I would remove the sim card and it would be ok, not reboot at all. But, the tablet became half way useless. I have no idea yet what the problem is, I dont even have any data on this, haven't typed on this new one and it's the same problem. I have had a microsd in and out of both to test or confirm it's not that. Which it isn't. Though, on my first ones the problem didnt start until a few days after putting the MicroSD inside, and before that when I didn't have the MicroSD it never had the problem. I have a 32GB card. Anyway... have you found out anything yet? I have talked to the HTC tech, and so far no new news.

Lon Squryes

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, misery loves company,

I had mine for 35 days before it began the constant loop. Took it to the Att store on the day of the last I-phone release. That was a hoot.

Ended up sending it back for service (past 30 days) and got it back very quickly. As soon as I installed the SIM card the looping started again. Tried a new SIM card to no avail. I guess we just wait now.

If this was an Apple issue it would be on the evening news.

Hope they fix it quickly!

Lon

SJSwanson

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. It started right after taking out of airplane mode. Same config - 32G card added. After a couple hours, it quit rebooting but after a week, it started the short cycle reboots and continued overnight. I took it back (27 days is less than the 30 day exchange period.). They removed the memory card - no help. They replaced the pad with a new one but my SIM - still reboots. Replaced my SIM - still reboots. I got a full refund. I left my card and said if they get it fixed, I'd come in and buy one again - I like the device but it MUST work!! Let me know if anyone gets this fixed!

mrnserv

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Received a call from HTC escalation support and called them back a spoke to support rep. Just confirmed some information with me as most of my troubleshooting and issues were previously given by email or phone...location, does tablet reboot with SIM card out?

What I learned or confirmed from our brief conversation...HTC and maybe AT&T are aware of the issue, HTC is working on the problem (AT&T, not sure if they are too), they are hoping to find a solution for the problem, likely a software fix or upgrade and it is related to 4G/SIM card/location. Would not give a timeframe for fix, I suggested a week, month, 3 months and rep could not say as they don't know the cause and fix yet. Stated that they had my information and that I would be contacted by phone and/or email regarding a fix or software update to try or apply to fix the problem. Said that replacing my current tablet would not fix the issue, so hopefully a software fix is all that will be needed.

What I haven't learned...why are HTC and/or AT&T not proactively addressing this issue. As far as I have seen, they are still selling these in the stores in the Chicago area and online. I just heard a radio ad about 4G in Chicago and the new 4G tablet, but for most, your can't even use the thing for 4G right now!!! The reviews are all for September and early October before the problems started happening for all that I have seen. Why is AT&T not aware of this issue and still sending customers to HTC to get hardware replaced as if it is defective hardware. I am still trying to figure out what AT&T is going to do for me for the data plan I am paying for and cannot use with a device they sold me as well as the $20 screen protector I purchased, used for a week and then lost when I exchanged my first tablet as a defect, not to mention the money I have tied up in this tablet that I cannot use as advertised and sold.

Hope this doesn't take as long to fix as it took for the Xoom to get 4G...initial estimate was 4-8 weeks after release, actual was about 8 months...

mrnserv

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Jetstream users might want to put SIM back in and start using tablet again, has started to work again without reboots without software updates. Maybe a network fix, working for some of us, at least in Chicago area. Good luck and keep fingers crossed this is the end of problems...:-!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae