Possibly getting the Merge.

DCooper323

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Who has it? what are your cons for it? I have a Samsung Mesmerize now, but i have had 4, and all 4 have been real glitchy. i think the Merge is next on my list....

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't have one but I played with my sister's. The building quality is great, keyboard is fantastic and it seems snappy. The only negative thing I noticed is that I seems heavy. If I had to have a slider this would probably be it.

nicomayhem85

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have one but I played with my sister's. The building quality is great, keyboard is fantastic and it seems snappy. The only negative thing I noticed is that I seems heavy. If I had to have a slider this would probably be it.

So i would say all this is true but my take on the weight is that it feels to me a little sturdy compared to the mesmerize which always feels like im going to break it when i pull a battery havent tried it with a case yet though so might wanna try it out first but definetly an upgrade from the mesmerize. i personally love the way it almost seamlesssly handles any app you throw at it regardless of the specs:)

SteveIowa

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
There is a great group, over on Facebook. That is set up with mostly Merge owners. They are Super people, and love to help. Questions there, are always answered in a timely manner. It is a closed group, so one will have to ask to get in. This group is made up of U.S. Cellular customers, who bought it on launch. Go check it out. Tell them the Chicken sent you! : - )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/195698870478358

Reactions: CORYK333

mputtr

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was able to personally handle the VZW test unit for the merge and i love the feel of the merge in general. There's a nice heft and a great sliding mechanism feel of the keyboard. I ended up getting the Desire Z though, since no one is spending the time to root the merge way back when and I couldn't wait anymore.
If you are on a CDMA network, then get a merge. it's a beauty

Rick-In-NC

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the Alltel/HTC Merge. It is a very good, well built, responsive phone. The HTC Sense (v2.0) is well thought out. I noticed this morning I now have the new version of Market Place. Cool, I've been waiting for that for weeks now. I have absolutely no complaints and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to root their phone. The reason I say that is because this phone, for reasons unknown to me, is highly ignored by everyone and I have no idea why. It will probably never get rooted, but one can hope. Now that the Droid 3 is out, you might want to take a look at that, but I think I'm a HTC fan now because of the Sense user interface. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the purchase of a Merge.

Sir-Ticksalot

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a "Fine" phone, it feels like real quality. Works fast and glitch free. I came from Blackberry and this one is just great. This keyboard is super, nice size keyes and I make very few mistakes with it, (not an expert for sure). :) Got it from Verizon BTW, in Florida.

juxeroc

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
just bought this phone at a pawnshop brand new and it is unlocked for any service! im on a tmobile service plan right now and its working great just the internet is slow coz im running on edge!! maybe someone can help me out with this problem,other than that the phone hasnt given any problems still learning on how to use it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL