[How-To] Root your MT3G

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Rooting your MT3G is pretty easy. It can be done using an app you install on your phone.

1. Visit universalandroot from your phone and download the universal Androot application

2. Using a file browser (like Astro on the Market) find the apk file and install it.

3. Once installed, find the Universal Androot app in your app drawer. Open the app, let it find your firmware, press the "Root" button and let it take care of the rest!

One last step you may want to do is install busybox. Search the Android Market for "Busybox by Stephen (Stericson)" and install it. Busybox provides commands like copy and paste to the shell (the inner workings) of your OS.

guskousteris

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi there. Thanks for this post. I'm new to Android and rooting. I would like to get a few apps that require rooting my phone. I have the MT3G. I used this app to root my phone. It looks like it goes through he procedure of rooting, reboots the phone but when the phone turns on, it's not rooted. Any suggestions? Thanks

crforbez

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a MT3GS and after i hit root it says rooting ..... and then the phone crashes out and restarts. Not in root. ? any ideas.

crforbez

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and i can "soft root" but when i go to backup in ROM manager I get the same plain old reboot. I have android sdk and adb installed at home ( thanks to gbhil ) , can i access root through that instead if i cant get the universal androot to work.

thanks

travelerdawg

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I believe this rooting method is very out of date. After reading multiple posts about the MT3G, there are two different mobo configurations and its good to know which one you have before trying to root. Also good to know your kernal and radio information as well. However, I would like to point out that I am new and do not claim to know how to do root yet. It is something that I have yet to take the plung on but hope to do so soon. I hope this forum and thread gets updated but if it hasn't yet it doesn't look like it will. The best place that I have found current information on is over at xda-developers dot com. Hope this helps. :confused:

juaneks

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
soy nuevo en esto... vera tengo un htc mytouch 3g , supuestamente ya soy superusuario ,pero de igualmanera no puedo acceder a los privilegios del mismo , me sale permiso denegado x favor ayudaaaa!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy