Gingerbread Rollout Thread!

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
GG - did you clean install it prior to going in? We've started a bugs and issues thread, well Bupahs did, on HTC and T-Mo's forums if you find problems. So far, I can NOT open email attachments and I am peeved as I need this feature for work. A few more as you can read over there.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
T-MOBILE just pushed the update to my phone. I got today but my wife hasn't. We tried forcing it by turning off the phone but did not work. For me the update is sort of a love-hate thing. Battery life seems to have improved. Also I like the 4G notification. I however don't like the small font and the nee browser. I guess in time it wil grow on me.

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday from my local store... I didn't realize how much stuff i'd have to change back to the way I had it, lol. But so far, I think battery life has improved... and I haven't noticed any issues yet. The rest of this week will be the true test, though. I do however, hate the new swype. :( It may predict better, but the bottom of the keyboard is too jumbled and who needs some of those buttons every day?

Over all, I think the phone is less laggy and everything just works smoother. I <3 GB! :cool:

GhostGregg

May 23, 2011
Visit site
GG - did you clean install it prior to going in? We've started a bugs and issues thread, well Bupahs did, on HTC and T-Mo's forums if you find problems. So far, I can NOT open email attachments and I am peeved as I need this feature for work. A few more as you can read over there.

I did do the clean install option. If you get the update via their OTA push, then it just updates features and such and you do not lose your info or apps. If you do the SD card update then yes you lose it all and you have to start over from scratch.

I can report that I have not had a single problem with my update. I am aware of the e-mail attachment issue but have not had a problem. The battery life is about 40% better overall. Nothing has force closed on my phone at all since the update.

Im sorry to hear people are having so much trouble with the updates. I guess I lucked out. (knock on wood)

Reactions: LadyDi

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
OK, day 3... I have noticed a few gripes, but nothing serious yet.... So far, the thumbnail pictures (FB or G+ pics for your contacts) are blurry, not my actual camera.... and also, when typing a text message, sometimes it likes to go all the way to the top of the thread so I can't see what I am typing anymore (until I hit something like the speech button, etc).
Every system update has it's quirks, so far I can live with these two. I will update if I find any more.

GhostGregg

May 23, 2011
Visit site
those issues do not occur on my phone. Weird. It seems that this update effects different phones in different ways. So far I can not find a SINGLE issue with my install. Im thanking my lucky stars right about now.

Reactions: LadyDi

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Just found out I can't open email attachments either.... Oh no! :'(

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

That's not good as I am still having woes as well. HTC has a thread created where this is noted. Maybe more folks who have the issue can chime in.

Also, when I change home replacements, I get the mytouch splash screen momentarily. Anyone else seeing that??

GG - I want to do the wipe myself and go back in but just no time to do it. Next good off day, I will. See you around!!

JRSIV

Oct 25, 2010
www.babyjblog.wordpress.com
I had a nightmare experience when my myTouch3G Fender edition recieved its Froyo update, so this Gingerbread update for my myTouch4G has me spooked. I hate "pushed" downloads anyway, we should have a choice whether we want an update or not.

Is there a way to opt out of this update? Any help or info?

GhostGregg

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a nightmare experience when my myTouch3G Fender edition recieved its Froyo update, so this Gingerbread update for my myTouch4G has me spooked. I hate "pushed" downloads anyway, we should have a choice whether we want an update or not.

Is there a way to opt out of this update? Any help or info?

If you root your phone you will not get the update. You do not have to change anything on the phone accept the S=off part. By rooting the phone you block all OTA updates.

hope this helps.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

A solution was found and thanks impart to a person on T-Mo's forum for it. S/he deleted the secondary account or the one that cannot open the attachments and then created it again as such:

Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Exchange ActiveSync -> follow the steps to add that email again. You might want to go into ActiveSync settings and make personal changes as I had to. (text, retrieval, time, etc)

WHALLAH! Not only do I see the attachments now but whatever form they are in, there is a icon (i.e. .pdf,, etc, etc)

I've opened the .pf and it asked me which viewer I wanted to use. I was so happy, I thought I'd come share. Hope it works for you too J240 and others having issues. Let us know.

Reactions: J240

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
A solution was found and thanks impart to a person on T-Mo's forum for it. S/he deleted the secondary account or the one that cannot open the attachments and then created it again as such:

Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Exchange ActiveSync -> follow the steps to add that email again. You might want to go into ActiveSync settings and make personal changes as I had to. (text, retrieval, time, etc)

WHALLAH! Not only do I see the attachments now but whatever form they are in, there is a icon (i.e. .pdf,, etc, etc)

I've opened the .pf and it asked me which viewer I wanted to use. I was so happy, I thought I'd come share. Hope it works for you too J240 and others having issues. Let us know.
Unfortunately LadyDi, it didn't work for me. I tried adding my Mac email account that way and it didn't like it. :'( I got the error message "authentication failure" saying my username or password were incorrect... but they weren't. I tried it about ten times before just reverting back to adding it as a regular email account. Sooo, IDK what to do now.

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I notice now is that it seems I lose signal more than I used to (in the same places i've always gone).... I think it also goes down to 2G more than necessary. :eek: I hope HTC rolls out a fix soon!

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately LadyDi, it didn't work for me. I tried adding my Mac email account that way and it didn't like it. :'( I got the error message "authentication failure" saying my username or password were incorrect... but they weren't. I tried it about ten times before just reverting back to adding it as a regular email account. Sooo, IDK what to do now.

I am using 2 Gmail accounts maybe that is why?!?! Anyhow, I wiped the phone and went back in for ANOTHER sd card install. So far, the email was set up different this time and no issues as yet. I had two accounts, one under the pink icon and one under the red. This time they are both under one (forgot which one now) and I will see who this works out switching back and forth under the one envelope.

Am reinstalling AAS stuff and trying to remember settings I might need/want to change. I know this, I haven't received a text since before midnight and 3 or 4 were sent. Ugggh ohhhhhhh

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I had to go back to the ActiveSync option on the second email. I had placed both accounts under the RED envelope icon but was not getting separate notifications. So I set up one under the red and one under the pink. The pink was not accepting attachments as before. I hit that Tell HTC option a couple times. And there ya go.

PS - has anyone actually read the TOS on Tell HTC??

JRSIV

Oct 25, 2010
www.babyjblog.wordpress.com
Still waiting for my OTA update. I know T-MO brick and mortar stores have an SD card update available, but I dont wanna go through everything getting wiped and reinstated.

My Mom purchased hers last November & received the OTA update a few weeks back. It's great- more responsive, better battery life, etc. plus it retained all of her apps, etc. she's very happy with everything.

I got mine in March so I guess the OTA updates follow the IMEI or phones production.

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting on my ota update too. I bought this phone on craigslist in January but it was new/unopened. Boo TMobile!
:-(

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

taraji#AC

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone!
I just got my phone yesterday (used) and went to a tmobile store to get the gingerbread update and the salesperson told me that there was a problem with the sd card. I called a few other stores and they either didn't have the sd card update, it was lost or they had not received it as of yet. A few stores reported there weed problems with updating the mt4g
I called tmobile and they told me to call HTC, but they gave me the wrong number. I finally spoke with HTC and they informed me that the upgrade had been pulled because it was not on their website anymore. WTH!!!?????!!!

I'm still waiting on my ota update too. I bought this phone on craigslist in January but it was new/unopened. Boo TMobile!
:-(

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084