Cant get netflix to show on Android market.

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering why I cant find any type of app for Netflix on this device? I searched and saw something for an EVO, but not the same device. I see a bunch of que type apps, but not the actually streaming one.

And when I check the other Android sites, I can get to a Netflix app and says install, but then says I cant do it due to my phone being an HTC glacier and it isnt compatible with that device. Well okay, thing is I have a MT4G, so why would it even say that?

Any help much appreciated! A lot of the reason I upgraded was I have a lot of down time at work and would be nice to watch a movie if need be.

I see others can get it to work under their MT4G. I am running stock on 2.2. So I dont get as to why this wouldnt work or god forbid actually show up under the Android market.

Thanks, 1st post here. Coming from a BB, which I miss already, lol! Trying to give this a go.....again.

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I dont know what I am doing wrong. I went to that xda site on mytouch phone and tried to download a few different ones and they always say my phone isnt supported, but I tried it anyway and shows the download button in top corner and stops. I check it and I cant find it anywhere on my phone. Went to applications, running, downloaded, all and it is no where.

Am I doing something wrong or what? Dont get it.

mikey3450

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I dont know what I am doing wrong. I went to that xda site on mytouch phone and tried to download a few different ones and they always say my phone isnt supported, but I tried it anyway and shows the download button in top corner and stops. I check it and I cant find it anywhere on my phone. Went to applications, running, downloaded, all and it is no where.

Am I doing something wrong or what? Dont get it.

I have astro file manager installed on my phone. After I downloaded the file, I opened up Astro and searched for the file name in the phone. After I found it all you have to do is open the file up and tap install.

milestide25

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify, the reason it recognized your phone as an HTC Glacier is because it is. A MyTouch 4G is an HTC Glacier with a MySense UI. Similar to the G2 being an HTC Vision, and the MyTouch 3G being an HTC Sapphire. (I believe)

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha, is that glacier over across the pond? Or do they actually sell them here in the states?

Still working like a champ.

HTC makes a Glacier. T-Mobile, cincinnati bell or whom ever else buys the phones and names it what ever they want.

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually the HTC Glacier I found out was the code name for it. I kind of wish they stuck with it.

Basically we are saying the same thing. When someone like HTC makes a phone they have a "code" name for it. In this case the Glacier, [in the USA] T-Mobile calls it the MyTouch4G, Cincinnati Bell calls it the Panache. So the hacker/enthusiast community call it the Glacier to single out the confusion. Just like the HTC Vision is the G2 in the USA and the Desire Z in Europe. And we could go old school with the HTC Sapphire being known as the Magic, MyTouch3G, or the Google ION.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca