MT4G problem: screen really dark

flope

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently got a MT4G white without backdoor and battery. It looks new.
I bought a replacement battery, I charged it with my computer and I tested the phone.

The first time I switched it on, the screen was twitching from lightning up to dark but it ended being fine.
Second time I tested the phone, the screen was dark. it doesn't light up.
The phone seems fine. I can still navigate through the menus if I get close enough to the screen.

Could it be a loose connection? I could try to open it and check it.
Could it be related to bad battery?
Did any of you encounter this problem?

Thanks!

flope

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The screen brightness could be due to a setting. You'll need to open the main settings menu navigate to "display" and set the brightness to a comfortable level or "auto".

If that doesn't happen it could be the display is just bad. LCD and LED either work, or don't work. There isn't a "loose connection" like halogen or incandescent bulbs.

flope

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I already played with the brightness and it is not the problem.
I also noticed that after "using" it for a while it improves a little and even lights up for a second.

Ok. I think I understand the problem. The LED Backlight seems to be broken.
So, I want to fix it... do I need to replace the whole LCD?

Thanks.

Flope

Last edited:

wm2485#AC

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Do you still have to void sticker that's over the screw. Cus if you do I would just put it back over the screw and call HTC. The phone hasn't even been out for a year. Its got a 1 year manufactures warranty.

I bought a mt4g off eBay about a month ago. seller said the phone was flawless, once I received it turns out the ear piece was blown (there was like a crackle when someone would speak). I called HTC told them what was happening (left out the fact that I was not the original owner... they never asked) they said ship it to them. About 2 weeks later I received in the mail a manufactured device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49