My Touch 4g frozen on reboot screen... HELP.

mahv333

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
My MyTouch 4g that I have had for more than 8 months now has been slow today and while texting a friends back, since it was being slow I decided to just restart my phone. I usually do this and the phone turns back on and works just fine afterwards. Notice that I did NOT do a system reboot or anything. I simply restarted my phone. When I tried this, I got a screen that says:
"GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.86.0000
MICROP-0429
RADIO 26.01.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Sep 27 2010, 11:12:59

FAST BOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN"

I tried moving up and down or selecting an item but the screen is frozen. I took the battery out many times and it goes back to the same screen. Now, my phone is NOT rooted. I tried connecting the phone to the computer and the computer recognized the usb but the phone did not show up in My Computer. I have no idea what is going on. it does have water damage, but the water damage was from January and it is now September. I highly doubt this has anything to do with it. I tried calling T-Mobile and they said they can't do anything about it and blamed it on the water damage. I highly doubt water can make a phone do a reboot randomly and freeze. All the water damage did was fry the front view camera on the phone. I have been on the internet for HOURS looking this up, and I cannot find anything useful. Someone PLEASE HELP. :'( :( :-\

Last edited:

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay this is pretty deep stuff and i hope you can hang with me.

First of all the reason your phone is booting into hBoot is because the phone doesn't have a ROM on it. Or least it thinks it doesn't. Which could be due to a faulty eMMC chip. That is the chip that everything gets wrote to, and read from. Now the problem doesn't stem from the water damage that happened months ago.

There is only one way to attempt to fix your phone. Since you have the .86 bootloader i'm assuming you were using the 2.2.1 OS that t-mobile provides. First of all you need to download the PD15IMG.zip Click on this link. And make sure to leave it zipped. Do not unzip it. Store it on the root of your SD Card you use in your phone. Meaning do not store it in any folders. Then boot up the phone and get to the hBoot (the white screen you mentioned). Select "bootloader", the phone will scan the SD Card then prompt you to update the OS. Do that. You'll see a progress bar along the right side of the screen. It'll slowly move up and the items will get a "ok" by them letting you know they are done. If you get a "fail-PU" it means the phone is truly bricked and there is no way of fixing it. PU means Partition Update, and the eMMC chip is not allowing anything to be written or read off of the chip set.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: jhonathan

esbtx

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar issue and my phone is rooted using ClockworkMod.

I rebooted my phone but when it rebooted, the T-Mobile myTouch4g screen (with the white background) opened up, the phone vibrated 7 times and nothing else happened; it is frozen on this screen. I had to take the battery out in order to try to restart it.

I booted the phone to HBOOT. I tried the BOOTLOADER and it came back saying it can not find the PD15DIAG.zip image and returns to the HBOOT screen.

Do you have a PD15DIAG.ZIP I could get from you, or know where I can get one?

Also, I cannot access the SD card when I plug my phone into the computer, so how would I be able to store a file on the SD card if I can't access it?

I also selected "Recovery" and it did the same thing as when I originally rebooted my phone.

Any thoughts? Thanks,
E

h3dhunt3r

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
i know this is an old thread, but i tried the above mentioned remedy. except for my computer will not recognize my phone for me to open it and put the file on the sd card. i think my phone has heat damage due to my workplace. could this cause problems with the chip not responding. plz help.

doctorjay15

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue as the OP. However, on my phone it reads:
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.89.0006
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC- boot
Jul 15 2011, 16:45:17

So when I try to load the PD15IMG file, all is good. However, when it checks it, it says:

Main Version is older!
Update Fail!

I think I need a newer version of this PD15IMG file. Where can I get this? How would I search for it?

Also, I was using the gingerbread (2.3.4?) os

Last edited:

cuicsudl

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I too have the same issue as the above post:
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.89.0005
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.11.04.03_M
eMMC- boot
Apr 14 2011

Main Version is older!
Update Fail!

Is there a newer version of the PD15IMG file? Is there another solution?
Thanks-

A_Mondo

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I too have the same issue as the above post:
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.89.0005
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.11.04.03_M
eMMC- boot
Apr 14 2011

Main Version is older!
Update Fail!

Is there a newer version of the PD15IMG file? Is there another solution?
Thanks-

Hey I just got this same problem today. Im running the 2.3.4 also. Did you find a way to fix? Let me know if you did, I would really appreciate

A_Mondo

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.89.0006
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC- boot
Jul 15 2011, 16:45:17

So when I try to load the PD15IMG file, all is good. However, when it checks it, it says:

Main Version is older!
Update Fail!

I think I need a newer version of this PD15IMG file. Where can I get this? How would I search for it?

Also, I was using the gingerbread (2.3.4?) os

Heythis just happened to me todayy. My phones also running the gingerbread 2.3.4. Did you find a way to fix it?if you did could you let me know how I would really appreciate it,i just got the phone too off some guy so imma pissed if it cant get fixed lol

nito75

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.89.0005
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.11.04.03_M
eMMC- boot
Apr 14 2011, 13:18:22

WHAT CAN I DO???

zombie wrath173

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
same problem
glacier pvt ship s-on
hboot-0.86.0000
radio-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Sep 27 2010, 11:12:59

tried the pd15img thing but it keeps saying no image or wrong image. damn megaupload for being down. anyone have the right file? also, (i'm a dummy) wtf is gingerbread.

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread is 2.3 roms

Cupcake 1.6
doughnut 1.8
eclair 2.1.x
froyo 2.2.x
gingerbread 2.3.x
honeycomb 3.x
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.x
JellyBean 5.x

yoshimandk

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi AndroidCentral,

I had to join the forms today because I too encountered this issue. :cool:Like OP, my MT4G was completely stock, which makes this extra annoying as users like us are not familiar with modifying the boot sequence in any way.

Yesterday, my MYTG froze and I had to reset the battery to operate it again. Overnight, it turned itself off. When I powered it on, it only went as far as the white T-Mobile My Touch splash screen. It would not go any further. Using DOWN+PWR I went to 'hBoot' and tired selecting RECOVERY, but that just vibrated a few times and went black. FASTBOOT also did not work--just left me at the white screen.

It seems to me like mjneid is correct; there is an issue with ROM being read due to a bad eMMC chip. If you google "MyTouch 4G/Panache bootloop" you'll find a list of known bad eMMC chips, as well as similar instructions for what mjneid suggested, with a live link to the file.

I cannot speak to this fix since I didnt try it; hopefully it works, if you're comfortable with the steps. Though if you're too much of a stock n00b ;) to do follow them dont worry. You could still get "Fail-PU" result and all you'd gain is proving to yourself the phone is bricked. :mad: I called T Mobile support and once I got to the appropriate level of tech support, we walked through some tests from HTC and demonstrated I couldnt preform factory reset, so they replaced it under factory warranty. I suspect its a known hardware issue.

Stidhamt28

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Got this exact problem.... never tried rooting it or anything froze on loading a program from android market(aol instant messenger) pulled the battery and it never got passed the mytouch screen hboot is 89006

I tried the ones on the internet and got the whole update failed version to old!

So I called like every store in phoenix thinking t-mobile had the most up to date version found a place with the SD card... and it said the same exact and the kid at t-mobile was stuck and said he never saw it... considering it hasn't said PU fail or whatever for EMMC failure ... and it sucks that we can't get into the phone and turn on setting to attempt a debugging

Stidhamt28

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
well I got it to go passed the to old part... changed the android txt file but it just switches back to hboot I go to recovery it tries to start but says things like Recovery file not found and crap like that. It still hasn't said fail PU yet though

yoshimandk

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Stidhamt28, you lost me on the SD Card part. How do you think the SD card could be related to this issue? I had experienced the same issues with both the SD card in, and out.

evansjta

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
POSSIBLE FIX
I had the same problem the OP had. My phone was acting up so i rebooted it. It goes to the reboot screen described and none of the physical buttons work at all. Like it's frozen.
Well after much frustration and many battery pulls I thought hell I'll try accessing the bootloader menu myself instead of the phone doing it for me and freezing

so I held the vol down button as I powered up the phone and idk how but it fixed itself. Never happened again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy