Home Button Causes Minor Reboot Everytime!

kudzaidotnet

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My Mytouch 4G seems to now do what seems like a minor reboot almost everytime i put the "Home" button. For example, when i'm using my browser, or whatsapp, or facebook, if i hit the Home button on my phone to return to my phone's main screen, it suddenly shows the white (booting) mytouch splash screen for about 4 seconds, then saying "loading..." then returns to the home screen.

Its really annoying. A few months ago it had the infamous boot loop problem, and i had to fix it by doing a factory data reset. Everything has been fine since then (about 5 months ago), but now this issue. Any ideas would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if it's a problem with the Homescreen/Launcher app. Are you completely stock, or have you rooted the phone, or are you using any 3rd party launcher like Nova?

You could try clearing the cache of the stock Launcher app, or if that doesn't work, clearing the data. Doing the latter will erase your homescreens, and you will have to rebuild them again with the shortcuts and widgets that you like to use. To do either, go to Settings/Apps/All, find an app called "Launcher" or "Homescreen" or something to that effect, select it, then tap either "Clear cache" or "Clear data."