Predictive Text and Spell Check

Spencer

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey im curious how you enable the predictive text and spell check for the 4G? I have it enabled on the phone but i dont see how you use it can someone help or explain.

Thanks

Spencer:cool:

davis212

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
to do predictive text

hi,
i just got the mytouch 4g today and was trying to figure this out myself. if you open a text and hold your finger on the screen it will pull up input method. tap input method and chose touch input. this will automatically start the predictive text when typing your message.
there is also dragon dictation, but havent figured that out yet.

Hope this helps.

CBConsultation

Jun 7, 2010
www.cbconsultation.com
hi,
i just got the mytouch 4g today and was trying to figure this out myself. if you open a text and hold your finger on the screen it will pull up input method. tap input method and chose touch input. this will automatically start the predictive text when typing your message.
there is also dragon dictation, but havent figured that out yet.

Hope this helps.

Dragon Dictation is the speech engine used for voice commands and speech to text. The Genius feature utilizes it.

kimmymolinaro

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have the mytouch 4g and have never used predictive text, and never had the box pop up unless I was using the swype feature. today as I type, this annoying predictive text box keeps coming up and it refuses to use the correct words. I went into settings>keyboard>input and unchecked all of the boxes for predictive text and spell check. It still did not go away. I restarted my phone twice, shut it off and turned it back on once, and all of the boxes are still unchecked, but the predictive is still there.
A friend told me to turn off swype and use input, but I have had swype on previously and the box ONLY came up when I swyped, NOT when I typed regularly. How do I get it to go back it's driving me crazy and it takes forever for me to text now!
Any help is appreciated. I tried using text input instead but the box still comes up as well, and I dont like the keyboard in the text input method :'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463