Visual Voicemail

moosic_lovr

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I just got the mytouch 4g a few days ago and I LOVE IT!

There are just a few things I can't figure out..
one of them is the visual voicemail. On T-Mobile's site it says that this phone has visual voicemail. Every google search says this phone has VVM. Yet I can't figure out how to get VVM on the phone. I have searched everywhere on the phone I can possibly think of looking.. I must be missing something because this is the best phone (hardware-wise) on the market when looking at Quadrant scores..it's brand new and has the latest version of android. It would be extremely silly for it to not have VVM.

Can someone that knows this phone better than me please help provide info on the steps to get VVM active on this phone? Thank you :)

MyTouch 4g info: T-Mobile

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was as simple as hitting the call button, then the voicemail icon, and there being a setting to enable visual voicemail (don't have phone on me now so can't confirm this). T-Mobile does charge an extra fee for this though.

An alternative is to get a free Google voice account and have it set up as your voicemail system for both your mobile number and Google voice number. You will have visual voicemail then (and transcribed voicemail).

moosic_lovr

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
fredmr you just made my day!

lol literally the only place i didn't look :)

I just did the first option and all the way to the right is the voicemail tab,
which has the option to enable VVM inside it :)

Thank you!

Nissan4LIFE

Oct 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
Google Voice was the first thing I put on this phone. The G2 had it out of the box and I loved it there so I had to have it here. TMO Visual Voicemail sucked when I tried it on my Blackberry and you had to pay for it. Another great one is YouMail but you have to pay for the transcription service too.

Inca Orchid

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
To add VISUAL VOICEMAIL
--- go to my.t-mobile.com
--- Manage Account
--- under Your Current Plans and Services
--- select Change Services
--- on the LINE LEVEL SERVICES tab scroll down to
Visual Voice Mail and click the ADD button (it's free) to add this service to your account provided you are the primary account holder.

tam0o

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
i spoke with customer care and they confirmed that visual voicemail does not cost anything extra.. they activated the visual voicemail for me and within 10 minutes i was able to use it on mytouch.

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Did you install anything else...? NOT Google Voice...

I'm trying to use the VVM app that came on the MYT4G, too, but I'm not getting notifications. It's activated and all, but still something's out of whack. They said it may be that I have a "legacy" SIM card - getting that updated this afternoon - but also, just want to make sure that people using this didn't also install this:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tmobile.vvm.application&feature=search_result

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1