I love my new Mytouch but it seems that MMS messages will not send from my phone... (I am using the stock messaging application.) Is there a way to send pictures taken from the camera as regular MMS without making a "slide show?" When it does this slide show thing, the MMS' aren't sending from my phone. It says it "unable to send after multiple attempts," and a 'generic network failure' - even though I have perfect signal (H) and am able to send and receive regular texts (SMS). Anyone else out there having an issue like this when trying to "share" their photos or any other form of MMS? Is it working for you?
    Also note that I can send them from my G1 standing in the same spot so it is not a connection issue. And I have also taken pictures with the smallest resolution size available so it should not be a size limit issue.
    Anyone know of a fix?
    11-12-2010 12:20 PM
    Forum user Nivek offered instructions in this thread. Remember to thank him.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ytouch-4g.html
    11-12-2010 12:23 PM
    Thanks! I didn't see that when I searched so I posted it here. I will add that here for anyone looking.

"This is what you do. got to setting>wireless & networks>mobile networks>access point names>then check t-mobile data. Not TelKila. Hope this helps" THANKS to NIVEK for this!
    11-12-2010 12:46 PM
    See i'm having a very similar issue..
    except mine is preventing me from sending MMS on my mt4g when wi-fi is on.
    MMS refuses to send through wi-fi and and refuses to send them with wireless data if wi-fi is on.
    I have tried the switch from Telkila to t-mobile and that does not solve my problem.

But I've noticed something else that's strange..
    correct me if I'm wrong but I think with t-mobile's gsm network, I should be able to talk on the phone and get online using the mobile data right?
    ..I'm not able to do that either. I can surf and talk if I'm using t-mobile for voice while using wi-fi for data. But in my home its better for everyone if i use wi-fi for voice...in which case im strictly limited to talking and regular SMS..

I'm bangin my head against a wall tryin to figure this all out..
    Sorry if this is obvious stuff to you guys lol I just barely got this phone less than a week ago

Thanks for any help you guys might have
    11-12-2010 01:11 PM
    Yeah, I wasn't able to use the net while on a call either. Can't remember if I was able to do that with my G1 or not, but I'm guessing no? Haven't tried making calls over wi-fi yet.

Is there a way to attach pictures without making them a slideshow, though? I haven't read anything on that. Perhaps with a 3P app or something?
    I hated that when I would get pictures from other people in the form of slides... its really annoying not to be able to just click the picture and zoom, etc.
    11-12-2010 01:18 PM
    I have been told by many that the current available application that comes with the droid phones in regards to the picture messaging showing as a slide show can not be changed. You need to download another application. I use Handcent and chomp2. Handcent being my preferred choice. They are both free. Be sure to deactivate your notifications in the original application though or you will get dual activity on your droid for the same messages.
    11-15-2010 04:47 PM
    Nivek's original post or this thread regarding the mms issue seems sticky worthy to me.
    11-15-2010 06:35 PM
    tmobile is very familiar with this problem. i can't remember exactly what was done to fix this but inorder to check you must send a pic to yourself 2 times. if it doesnt work just call them and tell them the problem and it will be fixed within seconds.
    12-24-2010 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD