Genius Button Question

kilo720

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I Plan On Upgrading From a Mytouch 3g To The Mytouch 4g Soon But Im Having One Concern Bout The Phone The Genuis Button

I want to know can u still do a regular universal text search from the home screen and can u still do a search within a app or does it just pop up that genius menu but if not can u turn off genius or get rid of it

timbo1083

Oct 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
You can root the phone and setup the genius button like I have where short press is google search and long press is genius button. Not sure if that answers your question.

timbo1083

Oct 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
Yea It Some What Answer My Question But I Not Good At Rooting So I Looking For a Non Rooting Method

Not going to be able to remap default functions without being able to have control over them (root/su) there are some really good guides (even a video) for the rooting process. I understand your hesitation. But as far as I can tell you won't be able to without su permissions.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
while I thought I would hate it...I actually like the genius button. It's nice to know when I'm driving that there is a button dedicated to voice command. Turning on hands free mode when driving is the only way I could read/respond to messages on this phone since I'm used to swype now and you can't swype one handed easily.. Plus, texting while driving is illegal now anyway (in Illinois at least)...and I've found the voice software to be extremely helpful and accurate.

So while genius button has it's downside and there certainly should be a way to program it to search without rooting, it does have it's benefits in my opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10