SetCPU - Optimal Settings?

osutuba

The Tuba Geek
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted and modded my phone and now run Ice Glacier. I installed SetCPU per many people's recommendations, but I am still getting not-so-good battery life (maybe 8 hours tops between idle time, talk time, playing games, etc.).

To those who are deemed the "tweak masters", what settings would you recommend on SetCPU and elsewhere on the phone? I left my USB cable at home otherwise I'd post screen shots of what settings I have on SetCPU and elsewhere. I just want to know that I can get to and from work without having to worry about my phone dying somewhere in between.

EDIT: OK, I think I found part of my problem. I didn't have priority levels set. I'm hoping that the changes I made will allow it to work. Here are the profiles I have setup:

Charging AC/Full
Priority 100 - 1708min/max - ondemand

Screen Off
Priority 100 - 245min/max - conservative

Charging USB/Full
Priority 96 - 1708min/max - ondemand

Charging/Full
Priority 85 - 1708min/max - ondemand

Battery < 20%
Priority 80 - 368 max/245 min - powersave

Battery < 30%
Priority 69 - 768 max/245 min - powersave

Battery < 50%
Priority 60 - 806 max/245 min - conservative

Battery < 75%
Priority 50 - 1497 max/245 min - conservative

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
On the main screen I have it set to 1498mhz (or whatever is closest to 1500mhz) max, 245mhz lowest with ondemand selected.

The only two profiles I use are for screen off (245 min AND max) and battery temp > 45 max 800 min 245 ondemand.

I've tried all kinds of different suggestions and this works just fine for me.

The only time I don't get more then 8 hours of battery life is when I'm on my phone heavy. If you are doing a lot your battery will drain faster. setCPU can't fix that. You can always set the max speed to lower than 1ghz and see if you're ok with the performance at that speed.

Reactions: osutuba

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
There was nothing wrong with what you had, but I tried the complicated stuff and didn't find a huge difference between that and what I have now. Like the saying goes, K.I.S.S. :p

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
There was nothing wrong with what you had, but I tried the complicated stuff and didn't find a huge difference between that and what I have now. Like the saying goes, K.I.S.S. :p

I agree, keeping it simple is the best way to go. However, I am currently trying out having no profiles enabled (after trying out the settings listed in this topic thread), and have noticed I am getting better battery life running at 1497MHz. Thanks for posting your original settings, as they have been quite helpful. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2