Why is this forum so slow?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The myTouch 4G is an awesome phone and it seems this forum is very dead. I don't understand because the phone has been out 2 months now. This should be the busiest time for this forum? Hopefully it will pick up in the next couple of months. Could it be because of all the 4G Android phones Verizon is releasing?

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've always wondered the same thing. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the phone, probably mainly due to being on T-Mobile. It also was very underhyped by AC. Even their "official" review didn't come until December 20th! -almost 2 months after the phone was released.

There seem to be a lot of people out there with the phone based on some of the thread views/posts on XDA or the T-Mo forums, but it's definitely slower there as well.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've always wondered the same thing. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the phone, probably mainly due to being on T-Mobile. It also was very underhyped by AC. Even their "official" review didn't come until December 20th! -almost 2 months after the phone was released.

There seem to be a lot of people out there with the phone based on some of the thread views/posts on XDA or the T-Mo forums, but it's definitely slower there as well.

Yeah. It just kind of irritates me because if it were on Verizon OMG this message board would be loaded. I don't get why people have beef with T-Mobile. They are one of the better networks. Much more better than AT&T. Hopefully traffic will increase on this forum for this awesome phone.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hoping the same here man... as peoples contracts expire, maybe they'll make the switch. Though, with all the LTE/dual-core talk - it's unlikely T-Mobile will pick up too many new people now.

While the T-Mobile network may not be built up as much - I know friends with Verizon who have terrible service in some areas...so it just all depends. Nothing beats their customer service though - if you remain a T-Mobile customer for a long time, they definitely reward you and make it worth your stay. I pay HALF of what all my friends on Verizon pay, and get more out of my plan.

Last edited:

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I do wish these forums were more active, this is a really great phone. T-Mobile isn't looked upon very highly by people. People swear they get tons of dropped calls and terrible signal. I never get any dropped calls and I always have signal. Why would I pay $50 more a month for the same plan on Verizon?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I do wish these forums were more active, this is a really great phone. T-Mobile isn't looked upon very highly by people. People swear they get tons of dropped calls and terrible signal. I never get any dropped calls and I always have signal. Why would I pay $50 more a month for the same plan on Verizon?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

In my 5 years with T-Mobile I have never had a dropped call. Believe it not!!!! There service has been great. Everywhere I go I get awesome reception. I'm in the Chicago land area and its pretty much 5 bars everywhere.

Where else am I gonna get 1500 mins a month with unlimited everything else for $79.00???

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am shocked there is not more interest in the phone either. I personally have a entry level smart phone from blackberry. My aunt broke her palm centro and almost signed again with att. She saw the blackberry torch ,which i love as a blackberry fanatic, but I knew it wasn't right for her. I researched the all the companies, coverage areas, price, and features. The mytouch 4g was the clear winner.

I am pleased that she enjoying her phone. She printed all 161 pages of the manual to learn about it. If we were in a market without 4g I might have gone a different way. T-mobile offered a 4g plan at the best price with one of the best phones on the market.

I might be a convert myself,but I don't think I could go with a lesser phone after seeing all this phone is capable of. The voice recognition on the phone is crazy scary.i have a southern accent and it picked up every word on the genius app. The pinch zoom out on the browser to show different pages is genius and smooth. I really love the browser on this thing, and its basically the only feature I have used.

Well count yourself lucky if you own one.I cry a little inside every time I use the browser on my phone,lol.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a combination of things. 1) It's on T-Mobile. They have the lowest number of subscribers. That means less people upgrading. 2) It's a branded myTouch phone. For some reason people overlook them and write them off as "chick phones". That one bothers me because as of right now the only phones that are faster (that are actually out right now) are the Galaxy phones.

Unless those are overcome and this phone gets more attention it might stay this way.

On the bright side, we are a small, tight-nit group of users that can stick together and help each other out. And as we post more more people will see the post and thread count go up and wonder what's the big deal with this phone. :D And that's what we want.

Also, now that we have some dev attention on here (thanks Gr8gorilla) I have a feeling we might get more attention.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers