Battery Life Getting Better

sardian

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was initially disappointed in the battery life of our two MyTouch 4g phones, and I do wish they would last longer under heavy use. But after having the phones for a couple of weeks and making some of the changes inside the settings (none drastic) the battery life has greatly improved.

Photo below: My wife's phone has been on and used for 1 day 5 1/2 hours and still has 56 percent battery life remaining. We have the data set to auto select, gps off, bluetooth turned on and off as needed and USB debugging set to on. Her screen is set to auto brightness. Wifi off. She doesn't play with her phone, she uses it when she needs it. It is used with our business and she used it pretty heavy this morning receiving phone calls.

IMAG0106.jpg

My phone on the other hand is down to 54 percent after 11 hours but I have been playing with it most all day, listening to music and using wifi for the web.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Also take into account that you use the phone more when you first get it from setting things up and getting accustomed to the phone. The first few days I had my phone my battery lasted 4-6 hours a day from tweaking and setting everything up the way I wanted it. Now I get 12 hours of heavy usage.

sardian

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd say that has a lot to do with it. The first week I was a crazy man playing with mine, but my wife, who isn't as interested, messed with it very little and her battery still drained pretty quickly to begin with.

Also take into account that you use the phone more when you first get it from setting things up and getting accustomed to the phone. The first few days I had my phone my battery lasted 4-6 hours a day from tweaking and setting everything up the way I wanted it. Now I get 12 hours of heavy usage.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I was initially disappointed in the battery life of our two MyTouch 4g phones, and I do wish they would last longer under heavy use. But after having the phones for a couple of weeks and making some of the changes inside the settings (none drastic) the battery life has greatly improved.

Photo below: My wife's phone has been on and used for 1 day 5 1/2 hours and still has 56 percent battery life remaining. We have the data set to auto select, gps off, bluetooth turned on and off as needed and USB debugging set to on. Her screen is set to auto brightness. Wifi off. She doesn't play with her phone, she uses it when she needs it. It is used with our business and she used it pretty heavy this morning receiving phone calls.

IMAG0106.jpg

My phone on the other hand is down to 54 percent after 11 hours but I have been playing with it most all day, listening to music and using wifi for the web.

Yeah the phone definitely has excellent battery life. I am patiently waiting for a larger capacity battery to pop up in the Android Central Store. Not quite sure why there isn't one listed on here yet.

sardian

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Not very surprising though based on those battery stats in the photo.

Right, that's why I posted my percentage remaining also. I mainly posted this for the folks that who say the battery is dead after a few hours with little to no use. My thoughts are they have something going on in the background eating up their battery.

I think that if she didn't use it at all it would standby for several days, so with the phone set up right it's alright.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad you posted this because something many users of new devices don't realize what they're doing to that new product when they get it. I put over 600 miles on my new car in 3 days back in July because I wanted to drive it everywhere and run it through it's paces. Now that I've settled down, I drive it normally. With a new phone, we kill them trying to figure out what it can do and you just want to play with it all the time. Once we cool off and begin normal usage, the dust settles and things get back to normal, usage wise.

Great lesson learned here and I hope others take note from your experience. Even better, you didn't give up and dismiss the phone so easily. Great tenacity on your part. :)

Nissan4LIFE

Oct 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
People also need to factor in the beginning of getting a new phone especially an android phone is the Syncronization of your contacts, email, apps, etc. and that will draw a lot of power even if you are not using the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad