Has anyone else noticed that the GMAIL notifications pretty much suck? I have an AOL mailbox on this phone and it lets me choose how often it checks for new messages. Is there any way to do this with the GMAIL mailbox? I also noticed that on the GMAIL icon itself, there will not be a number indicating how many new messages there are. Any way to enable this if possible? Thanks
    01-14-2011 11:26 PM
    You should be able to set up your gmail through the mail app. That will give you options to set up how often you want it to sync and it should show how many new emails you have.
    01-14-2011 11:48 PM
    You should be able to set up your gmail through the mail app. That will give you options to set up how often you want it to sync and it should show how many new emails you have.
    I went to account settings and enabled Auto-Sync which wasn't enabled before. Sent myself an e-mail from my AOL account and received it a few seconds later. Hopefully this resolved it. Maybe I missed something but there wasn't an option how often to sync except for days. I'd like it to sync automatically every hour. I guess for now its ok.
    01-15-2011 12:00 AM