Speed Question

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Is the MyTouch4g able or will be able to take advantage the speed increase of up to 42 down? I searched but am getting conflicting answers. I live in a H+ area and I am new from a EVO.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Is the MyTouch4g able or will be able to take advantage the speed increase of up to 42 down? I searched but am getting conflicting answers. I live in a H+ area and I am new from a EVO.

The myTouch 4g and G2 currently only support download speeds of 14.4 Mbps. Theoretically you will not get 14.4Mbps. If in a good 4G coverage area you can probably get around 11-12Mbps which is great.

Reactions: italianotampa

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So when Tmo upgrades to 21Mbps or 42Mbps, it will not be able to receive those higher data rates?

Correct. You would need a capable device of 42Mbps. Don't worry devices probably won't see 21Mbps for quite some time.

The upcoming Vibrant 4G can take advantage of the 21Mbps. I think its lame believe me. Why not make all HSPA+ devices capable of 42Mbps? Guess its all marketing and so you'll buy a new phone.

Reactions: italianotampa

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's the radio built into the phone. When the higher speeds are launched you'll see the phone getting maxed out to the theoretical 14.4mbps, which is plenty fast for 99% of the people out there.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I came from Sprint's 4G's EVO, which was slow compare to the T-mobile speeds I am getting now, plus it slowed down my phone. I love the speeds I am getting now. I was just wondering.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
There will be faster phones before the end of the year.
I wont be buying anything Samsung I can tell you that.
This MyTouch 4G is noticeably faster than the Nexus S.
And a much better phone too.

I wish Google would release Gingerbread for the Nexus One
before the price of them on Craigslist drops thru the floor.
I've got one to put on there but I'm waiting on the update.
I'll get a G2 for a backup phone.

;)

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
How do you get a screen shot so you can post it ?

You can't unless your rooted.

kinda off topic but could be some help for those that dont know. on phone arena they list the speed of the hspa radio in the specs. so if your looking into a new phone you could see your max speeds if t-mo does in fact get to 42mb

T-Mobile myTouch 4G specs - Phone Arena

The more people who get on T-Mobile the slower the speeds will be. It's very unlikely people won't even see close to 42mbps when they do up their speeds. I think its crappy advertising if ya ask me.