Problems with two week old phone

Bevobevo

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok im new to this site and I just got a mytouch4g. I dont understand why the notification led only lights up when it feels like it or why the track pad stopped working for 2 days and started again or why a part of my touchscreen went dead and I couldnt text until I restarted my phone. Whats the most irritating right now is tjat when one of my friends texts me it doesnt show up that they did at all. Not in the notification bar or the homescreen or even in the inbox. The message is there I just dont knnow until I go to that conversation. Also half the time when I send text messages it send the message and saves it as a draft and then when I reopen the convo or go to text back there is a draft of the previous msg I sent. Does anyone have any clue about this or how I can fix it.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get your MT4G from? If you got it though TMo then send it back and get replacement under warranty that would take care of the hardware problem. Now for the software part which rom are you using? The stock rom? Best is you back up your data and then do factory restore and see if it still exists if so then send it back along with hardware issue.

Bevobevo

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have done multpile factory resets on this phone. Im thinking about calling tmobile and having them send me another one. I just hope its not the same as this one and works better.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry just call them and they will send you replacement. Do you know what to look for in MT4G? or should I tell you?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have done multpile factory resets on this phone. Im thinking about calling tmobile and having them send me another one. I just hope its not the same as this one and works better.

You got a bum unit. Call t-mobile and they'll take care of you. As frustrating as it is, it happens. HTC is one of the best, so you don't have anything to worry about.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Bevobevo.
Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes these mishap could be caused by a corrupt application installed on the device. However, since you've mentioned doing several reset - then it's obvious that the device is defective.

I'm sure once you can prove to them(T-Mobile) your problems they will gladly replace the device for you.

Good luck.

Enjoy the forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy