Stable Recommended Rom / Unrooting

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Admittedly, I am a newb and know almost nothing about rooting.

I do know enough that you overclock, put on different ROM's, mess up your phone. Enough to decide if I wanted to do it or not. And enough to know that I needed help on my first one, as I hear the MyTouch 4g root is not the easiest.

Low and behold, I got help, it was not all that difficult and now I sit with a Rooted MT4G :)

Well, I Have a couple of basic questions, basically laid out in the title

1. I know of Search and Google, but when I do that (this applies to question 2) there are numerous ROMs to flash. Would I be correct in saying that the Ice Glacier is the most stable. Would anyone wanna recommend a couple more where almost everything works. I wouldn't wanna lose such a major feature as the camera, which I see is listed in some ROMs as not working.

2. Again, fully aware of Search and Google, I find numerous people mentioning UNrooting and warranty.

It is just that I get so many answers pulling me in different directions

I am told by some that, God forbid I have a problem with this fairly new phone in the first year that A lot of people have sent them back to Tmo and they either don't notice the Root or don't care. Is that true

If that is NOT true, then the next question would follow. How do you unroot your phone. Does it differ if there is a Flashed Rom on it, like right now I haven't done it yet. OR is it a two step process, take off the Flash, then Unroot, i..e. go backward

Or can it not be done.

I look forward to anyones help and appreciate your patience with someone who is in total unfamiliar territory

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It can be unrooted. The steps are in the rooting sticky in the rootings, roms, and hacks section.

Iced Glacier is good and so is gr8gorillas dhd port (it's in the other section).

You can always try cyanogen too.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Iced Glacier is good and so is gr8gorillas dhd port (it's in the other section). You can always try cyanogen too.

I agree. I'm loving the nightly CM7 builds, although there's an edge you walk when you run these - so be careful, and keep up to date on their MT4G forum for any problems people (or yourself) might run into while using the build(s).

Gr8Gorilla's MT4G/Desire build is fun, well put together, and a good introduction into running/testing/experimenting w/other ROMs. I suggest starting w/this build, and going from there. :cool:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon