Stock Email Widget

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Of course MT4G, there is a stock email widget where you can select 2 styles. White on black and black on white text. What I am trying to figure out is how the colors to the left can be changed once you set your email accounts up. Currently one email account is red and the other is green. I've looked in Gmail and could not find this in the online settings. Nor could I find it in the phone's actual settings.

Thanks for any help as I wish I could screencap to show you.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I guess I've got a couple questions... and maybe a statement or two.

What stock email widget? I have an email widget called "Mail", but that looks like something to log into Exchange or SMTP account... is this what you are talking about? If so, why use it for you Gmail? The native app works just fine and notifies you on the top notification bar. I have a shortcut on my screen in case I want to open one of my Gmail accounts.

My next question is did you see this widget with different colors somewhere?

Just trying to help, but I need more information.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok Fatboy, here we go. When I first turned the phone on and set it up, the MAIL widget you might be referencing was already on a page to the left. (smiles) It's has a translucent effect where you can see thru it. Anyhow, the colors are off to the left, red and green, for the 2 email accounts I have set up for it. I say "stock" because I think it is the widget that was set on the phone as opposed to one I installed myself. Forgive me if my wording is wrong.

No, I did not see the widget anywhere else with any other colors. Maybe I should google around for it. Hmmm...

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Derek of HTC has responded to my request, see in bold/italic below. Sadly, I can't change the colors. Oh well...

Unfortunately, the phone doesn?t have an option for setting those colors to a different color than the one that the phone assigns it. The phone does set the same colors for the account in the order of when they are added to the phone, so if you would like to have an account to have the first account?s color, you can delete all of the email accounts and then set the one you want to have that color first.