Normal or my OCD?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got the mytouch tonight after foolishly selling it a month ago. I've had 3 defective Blackberrys since with loose trackpads and was wondering if the mytouch trackpad is suppose to make a noise to it? I'm sure its not but if someone can tell me so I can go exchange it for another one. Feels like its slightly wobbling back and fourth when scrolling left to right and vice versa.

YouTube - myTouch 4G trackpad

Last edited:

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I know mine makes a creaking noise or two if I haven't used the trackpad in a while, but it's not making noises all the time. I guess you could say that mine has a bit of a wobble to it as well...Nothing major or super noticeable, so if yours seems more extreme than that you might look into exchanging it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It's probably your OCD... but mine does make a clicking sound when I click it... I'm fairly sure that is by design.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I know mine makes a creaking noise or two if I haven't used the trackpad in a while, but it's not making noises all the time. I guess you could say that mine has a bit of a wobble to it as well...Nothing major or super noticeable, so if yours seems more extreme than that you might look into exchanging it.

Its not doing it all the time so I don't think there is a problem. It does exactly what you described. But that's why I put a video up of it.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Could I get more opinions? I'll be at the mall tomorrow and what to know if I should return it?

Anyone have a slightly wobbly trackpad that creaks? When I say creaks I mean you can hear it slightly wobbling. Thanks

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
anything that moves has the capability of creaking. that's what happens when plastic rubs against plastic.

Mine makes a little noise too, but I have to get close to hear it. I don't expect any phone I get to be perfect. I've learned that I will just have to deal with minor things caused by being massed produced.

Reactions: MattMJB0188

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
anything that moves has the capability of creaking. that's what happens when plastic rubs against plastic.

Mine makes a little noise too, but I have to get close to hear it. I don't expect any phone I get to be perfect. I've learned that I will just have to deal with minor things caused by being massed produced.

Thanks. Does it sound normal though in my video? I pretty much have to get close to hear it. Damn OCD LOL!!!

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Where you clicking it in the beginning? Or were you just sliding it? If you were sliding it, it seems like there was a lot of noise that mine doesn't make.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Sliding. I was at the mall today and I had the T-Mobile salesmen look at it and he said it wasn't normal. I was able to exchange it. I also wanted the RED one lol. I'm good now!!! :)

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
The track pad is a back loaded plastic button that is sitting up against plastic... of course it is going to make noise. I have very expensive watches that have chronograph pushers (buttons) on them that make noise because they are metal on metal... it is just the nature of things. When you have one object rubbing up against another it is nearly impossible to have a frictionless environment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21