best sms app???

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Handcent didn't have the most crisp graphics when I tried it. Chomp had better graphics, but ads in free version were annoying.

I settled on Go SMS. Good graphics, simple clean themes. Dev updates often. Nothing to complain about.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried Handcent and never felt the need (or had the desire) to try a different app. It does everything I want it to do and more.

I would say try each app you're considering for a week then pick one. Then post here and let us know why you picked it. :)

vabeloved

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Go SMS is the best. I've been an Android user since the G1, and I've used Chomp, Handcent, and Go SMS. It can do everything Handcent does, with a cleaner and crisper feel. Pop up is very crisp ... no lags or slowdowns. Tons of customizations (all the same as Handcent), plus pre-made themes that are awesome (they're even animated) as well. Love it!

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I've used Android since the days of the great G1 as well. My first sms app was chomp. It worked well and it added the virtual keyboard the pre-cupcake G1 lacked. After cupcake I moved to handcent for customization features. I used gosms once but never kept it. I found that the stock messaging system works just fine for me

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463