Phone dieing during the night while not in use.

Brad48

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So, with my past phones, blackberry, iphones, if you would just leave it off the charger for the night and leave it be, it wouldnt die and loose at least 10%. see now with the mytouch, you leave it be over night, that thing is dead. so i dont understand how it can die, when an iphone and blackberry doesnt. their has to be an app or somthing to where you can turn the battery use down or somthing or have a night mode on the phone where it doesnt die.... would be really smart. just saying!

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Try setting your device to airplane mode. It will turn off data sync 4g GPS wifi. Then set your phone down to go to sleep. Should save you ample battery life. Or go root that thing and get a custom kernel those do wonders for your battery.

I hope some of that can help you save a few more hours of time on your phone.

Brad48

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Try setting your device to airplane mode. It will turn off data sync 4g GPS wifi. Then set your phone down to go to sleep. Should save you ample battery life. Or go root that thing and get a custom kernel those do wonders for your battery.

I hope some of that can help you save a few more hours of time on your phone.

See, i would root and stuff but when i do, i lose all my contacts and apps, and i dont even have the market or anything, so basically all i can do is text/call and the basic internet. it does save battery tho. but how do i get all the apps and save contacts and everything?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
See, i would root and stuff but when i do, i lose all my contacts and apps, and i dont even have the market or anything, so basically all i can do is text/call and the basic internet. it does save battery tho. but how do i get all the apps and save contacts and everything?

If you flash cm7 you also have to flash the GAPPS (Google apps).

I'm running cm7 and only lost 1% battery in a little under 6 hours of sleep.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Brad48

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
If you flash cm7 you also have to flash the GAPPS (Google apps).

I'm running cm7 and only lost 1% battery in a little under 6 hours of sleep.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

can you give me step by step directions on how to root it and flash apps. please i need to save battery

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
the step by step directions are in the roms/hacks section. Those are what I used to root. As far as flashing CM7 the easiest way will be to use ROM Manager to download it. It'll ask if you also want to flash the GAPPS.

After you root the first thing you should do is make a backup of your stock rom using rom manager.

Brad48

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
the step by step directions are in the roms/hacks section. Those are what I used to root. As far as flashing CM7 the easiest way will be to use ROM Manager to download it. It'll ask if you also want to flash the GAPPS.

After you root the first thing you should do is make a backup of your stock rom using rom manager.
wish me luck! and what ROM did you use??

JNM

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Some evenings my MyTouch 4G will last all night losing only a few percentage points from the battery indicator. Other evenings it can go from 100% to less than 40% in six hours or so. It is very hard to predict.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc