How to get the legit PushNotifications?

Brad48

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
i want the pushnotifications like on a bb or iphone where as soon as someone posts on your wall or somthing goes straight to your phone and notifys you.. any apps or anything you can download to get it?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to contradict you, but facebook offers notifications on your phone. I got them.

They aren't reliable for me and haven't been on any android phone I've had, ever. So I guess YMMV.

Edit: feel free to contradict me if you disagree, I'm wrong, or you have more info than me. :p

Sent from my myTouch 4G

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I did nothing special to make the notifications work. Just the usual setup on facebook to notify me when: someone post on my wall, someone comments on my posts, someone comments on the comments i made, i got a friend request, i got a message. And I setup refresh interval at 2 hours. The notifications that I get are on the notifications bar, a facebook icon with a number counting them.

Brad48

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I did nothing special to make the notifications work. Just the usual setup on facebook to notify me when: someone post on my wall, someone comments on my posts, someone comments on the comments i made, i got a friend request, i got a message. And I setup refresh interval at 2 hours. The notifications that I get are on the notifications bar, a facebook icon with a number counting them.

I have never got that step for my phone!!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook app I have doesn't list all the options you listed. I got nothing for comments.

Only messages, friend requests, and event invites. o_O

Sent from my myTouch 4G

jinda

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app I have doesn't list all the options you listed. I got nothing for comments.

Only messages, friend requests, and event invites. o_O

Sent from my myTouch 4G

I am getting proper notifications also. In the notification bar with numbers. The icon on the notification depends on what type you are getting. I think "messages" includes chat, wall messages and inbox messages.

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I am getting proper notifications also. In the notification bar with numbers. The icon on the notification depends on what type you are getting. I think "messages" includes chat, wall messages and inbox messages.
What version of the android application are you using? I know you said it's the one from the market, but I'm curious. I've never gotten the notifications successfully on my myTouch, either. You can check version by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > click on Facebook, and it should be right at the top of the page.

Thanks!

Tradeuce32#AC

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I just deleted the fb app, then reinstalled it... Went to the settings turned off all the notifications, then turned everything back on! And everything's working, tried it again with my wife's and her's is working now also!!!

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I just deleted the fb app, then reinstalled it... Went to the settings turned off all the notifications, then turned everything back on! And everything's working, tried it again with my wife's and her's is working now also!!!

Me too! So odd. I'm happy to have that tiny little functionality back, though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish