how can a $399 A9 compete with the Note 5 which was only $296?

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about the $399 price. Seems very steep for a
5-inch 1080p phone. But I do love the fact that they kept the
MicroSD card slot.

I only paid $296 for my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
(thanks to Verizon's $400-off promo last month) I love
everything about it, but the lack of MicroSD card slot is
causing MAJOR headaches for me on a daily basis.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
But the 399 price tag is contract-free, whereas the $400 off promo isn't... That's why this is a mid-ranger with high-end aspirations :)

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about the $399 price. Seems very steep for a
5-inch 1080p phone. But I do love the fact that they kept the
MicroSD card slot.

I only paid $296 for my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
(thanks to Verizon's $400-off promo last month) I love
everything about it, but the lack of MicroSD card slot is
causing MAJOR headaches for me on a daily basis.

Give it another few months when your note 5 starts to bog down and lag. trust me it will. although HTC missed the mark for me size-wise i'm gonna go with the 6p i do hope this phones a hit.... the one thing about HTC is they are buttery smooth and fast-

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Give it another few months when your note 5 starts to bog down and lag. trust me it will. although HTC missed the mark for me size-wise i'm gonna go with the 6p i do hope this phones a hit.... the one thing about HTC is they are buttery smooth and fast-

I have the s6 since release, still lag free.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe some one is comparing a contract price with off contract unlocked price ... Problem with US market !!! Stop buying useless carrier branded phones with ugly carrier branding and bloat, delayed updates, sub par experience etc. I won't buy the carrier crap phone even if they give me free.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Can't believe some one is comparing a contract price with off contract unlocked price ... Problem with US market !!! Stop buying useless carrier branded phones with ugly carrier branding and bloat, delayed updates, sub par experience etc. I won't buy the carrier crap phone even if they give me free.

$296 for the Galaxy Note 5 was not a contract pricing. Original price was $696. Verizon offered instant $200 off. Then another $200 off for *any* working smartphone. I gave them the $0 Moto G that I bought from Best Buy. ($25 - $25) I did have to pay using Verizon Device Payment Plan. However, I paid off the $296 balance a week later. That's how I was able to buy four Galaxy Note 5 phones for $296 each. (plus a few dollars for prorated service on each of the lines)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
$296 for the Galaxy Note 5 was not a contract pricing. Original price was $696. Verizon offered instant $200 off. Then another $200 off for *any* working smartphone. I gave them the $0 Moto G that I bought from Best Buy. ($25 - $25) I did have to pay using Verizon Device Payment Plan. However, I paid off the $296 balance a week later. That's how I was able to buy four Galaxy Note 5 phones for $296 each. (plus a few dollars for prorated service on each of the lines)

Doesn't matter original price is what matters , carriers can and will offer similar offers on A9 and make it free or even pay you money or whatever .... Not sure how is this even a comparison.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
You can't compare an exclusive trade-in deal of one thing to the standard RRP of another, it's a biased comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Someone just wants to brag about their deal from Vz, but when it takes Vz 6+ months to push out the Marshmallow upgrade, and the A9 has it 2 weeks after the Nexus...that deal will start to look a little less shiny.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
A more fair comparison would be to the Nexus 5X, which is a current phone available off carrier contract. There's only $20 difference between the two phones.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
A more fair comparison would be to the Nexus 5X, which is a current phone available off carrier contract. There's only $20 difference between the two phones.

So true. I was all set to get a Nexus 5x and something about it just turned me off. I guess once you use a metal finish phone (M7), plastic just seems like a kids toy.

My other point is I don't think phone should be compared to a phablet either, since this is a pocket friendly phone, something I am interested in. Anything over 5.2 is in another category, regardless of spec and price.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Still on contract no matter how u slice it

jmkhenka

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Pocket friendly? It is still larger then M9 and not much smaller then the 5x. Even the N5 is large for a 5" screen!

But yeah, compared to 6p and other phablets like Moto Play it's small. But how the F. did HTC think making it the same size as a M8-M9 with a smaller battery? Surely they could have kept a 2700 cell in it without much effort?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont think the battery will be a issue with the new Doze feature but it'll be interesting to see how well it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax