Only my Google account has synced with my new HTC One A9. My Facebook and Twitter apps will not sync. When I'm in Settings>Account & sync it says:

"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Is there anything I can do for this? Or is it a known bug they're working on?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the applications, and I've even done a factory reset on the phone. No joy.

My carrier is Sprint
    11-13-2015 11:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Moved thread to the A9 forum.

Is the Google account syncing successfully, but Facebook and Twitter are displaying sync errors? What happens if you remove your Facebook and Twitter accounts, then set them back up again?

HTC often has its own client for services like Facebook, so you may also have to allow that HTC client to access Facebook.
    11-13-2015 01:55 PM
    I had to install an older version of facebook as the latest version does not sync with Sense contacts on the A9. Unable to find any answers on how to get around this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2015 02:37 PM
    I began with uninstalling and then reinstalling the Facebook and Twitter apps. The Facebook app never fully uninstalls- only uninstalls updates to factory app configuration. That didn't work. I also attempted a factory reset without conforming to a backup file. That didn't work either.

During setup, I'm prompted for my Google account credentials and all that accepts without a problem. All of my Google contacts from my Gmail and my Google+ sync perfectly.
    11-13-2015 04:08 PM
    Same here! I can't sync my Facebook contacts. Huge bummer 😠
    11-13-2015 05:07 PM
    If you're all talking about Facebook contact syncing, that was phased out of the API, from what I understand.
    11-13-2015 05:11 PM
    Well, it's pretty ridiculous that the Facebook and Twitter apps automatically populate in the Apps & sync area of the Setting menu then.

Additionally, I can't change my notification sounds to any of the custom ones I've downloaded from the Zedge app. The name always defaults to the default even though the permissions are there. I checked to see if I could manually move the custom notifications into a folder with default ones, but I can't actually locate the default ones in the File Manager. Oddly, the custom notification works for my Gmail alerts, but not for my texts or my Yahoo Mail. The custom ringtone works without a problem, and the custom alarm ringtone works without a problem.
    11-13-2015 05:49 PM
    Well, it's pretty ridiculous that the Facebook and Twitter apps automatically populate in the Apps & sync area of the Setting menu then.
    Right, but there are plenty of other accounts that populate that menu without having any contacts or other components you can choose to sync. For example, in my Settings>Accounts menu, I have Groupon, OpenTable, TripAdvisor, and Yahoo Sports listed, none of which have anything I can choose to sync or unsync.

Regarding the custom notification tones--can you see a Notifications directory? The full path should be /storage/sdcard0/Notifications, or /storage/emulated/0/Notifications. Copy the mp3 there, and then see if it comes up when you want to select a different notification tone.
    11-13-2015 08:57 PM
    Same here! I can't sync my Facebook contacts. Huge bummer 😠
    Here's an older version of FB that will sync with your contacts. I used this as a workaround:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h...p=docslist_api

Remember to uninstall the current version before installing this. It was downloaded from APK Mirror so it's safe to use.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-14-2015 05:21 AM
    Right, but there are plenty of other accounts that populate that menu without having any contacts or other components you can choose to sync. For example, in my Settings>Accounts menu, I have Groupon, OpenTable, TripAdvisor, and Yahoo Sports listed, none of which have anything I can choose to sync or unsync.

Regarding the custom notification tones--can you see a Notifications directory? The full path should be /storage/sdcard0/Notifications, or /storage/emulated/0/Notifications. Copy the mp3 there, and then see if it comes up when you want to select a different notification tone.
    Manually putting in those paths brings up nothing whatsoever. When I navigate phone storage/notifications/ there is absolutely nothing there. The Zedge notification show up in phone storage/zedge/notification_sound/. The Zedge ringtones show up in phone storage/zedge/ringtone/ and they work perfectly. The Zedge wallpapers show up in phone storage/zedge/wallpaper/ and they also work perfectly.

It's only the notification sounds it seems.
    Under Settings/ Sound & nofification I set the notification just fine, and it works for my voicemal, gmail, Yahoo mail and Twitter just fine.
    Under Settings/Personalize I can successfully select a custom tone (as well as the ringtone and alarm ringtone, which work perfectly) but my texts don't use the custom notification tone.
    Under All messages/Settings/Notifications/Received messages/Notification sound I can select the custom notification tone out of the list, however after selection it reverts to "Default ringtone(Dahlia)" under All messages/Settings/Notifications. The same is true for All Messages/Settings/Notifications/Sent messages/Notification sound.

As far as I can find there is no area in which it even displays "Dahlia" anywhere or allows me to change a "Default ringtone" outside of what I've already referenced here. I'm stumped on this one.

EDIT: With previous HTC phones (most notable the M7) there were two Settings areas- one was Settings and the other was Google Settings (where there were additional features for configurations) but I don't find Google Settings in the Expand Applications screen. Even in the Google Now app, when I select my custom notification tone from the list it reverts to "Default ringtone(Dahlia)" in the same fashion as it does in the All messages app.
    11-15-2015 12:10 PM
    When I navigate phone storage/notifications/ there is absolutely nothing there.
    Do you mean that a /storage/sdcard0/Notifications directory actually exists but there are no files in there, or that there is no such directory as /storage/sdcard0/Notifications?
    11-15-2015 02:28 PM
    The path does not exist. On my phone there is no sdcard subdirectory listed anywhere- even when I check 'Show hidden files'
    11-16-2015 12:37 PM
    That's odd--on every Android device I've had, there are directories for Alarms, Notifications, and Ringtones that are present from the start.

Can you show us a screenshot when you're using a file manager, to look at the main user directory (which would be /storage/sdcard0/ or /storage/emulated/0/)?
    11-16-2015 01:37 PM
    11-17-2015 12:27 PM
    I see Notifications there, so the path exists, at least--be aware that the "Phone Storage" tab essentially means you're navigating in the /storage/sdcard0/ or /storage/emulated/0/ directory. If you tap it, what do you see in that directory?
    11-17-2015 02:27 PM
    This is what the notifications folder looks like
    Why am I getting this error and how can I troubleshoot it?-screenshot_20151117-182747.jpg
    11-22-2015 08:15 AM
    In contrast, this is what the Zedge folder looks like:
    Why am I getting this error and how can I troubleshoot it?-screenshot_20151122-091705-1-.jpg
    Why am I getting this error and how can I troubleshoot it?-screenshot_20151122-091713-1-.jpg
    Why am I getting this error and how can I troubleshoot it?-screenshot_20151122-091720-1-.jpg
    Why am I getting this error and how can I troubleshoot it?-screenshot_20151122-091726-1-.jpg
    11-22-2015 08:24 AM
    Why am I getting this error and how can I troubleshoot it?-screenshot_20151211-111943.jpg

Is this what you get?
    12-11-2015 10:23 AM
    I had the same issue with my ringtones and I've even gone to the lengths of factory resetting my phone. I am so angry with Android for making so many changes to app permissions without giving people any guidance on how to make their apps function as they had before the Android 6 update.
    Anyhoo. I've got a solution.
    Go into system settings>apps>messages>permissions and ensure you give the messages app permission to access your storage.
    Go back to the messages app itself>the dots in top right corner>settings>notifications then choose your custom received/sent message tone. Once selected, it should no longer revert to the default(dahlia) tone.
    Test it by sending yourself a SMS. It should be working for you now.
    Why did Android/HTC make such a simple thing so painful?? I was ready to flush this phone down (and Android) the toilet. But I dislike apple so...
    I hope this worked for you.
    03-09-2016 05:43 PM