Any thoughts on One A9's DAC and general SQ?

glovenc

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Those of you who have one, can you provide any feedback on the quality of the DAC in the A9, specifically with headphones? I'm not looking for audiophile reviews, just how the SQ compares with other flagships you've owned through a decent set of headphones for daily use. I don't really care so much about the Dolby nonsense. I'm more interested in hearing about the standard volume output and obvious differences you hear.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used mine with any headphones yet. However, I'm hoping to try some out while vacationing next week. I'll report back.

Posted via the Android Central App

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I need to snag some good headphones and check it. Will report back if I do this before the 30 day return period is up if I decide to keep it.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this would be the same, but AC wasn't really that impressed with boomsound settngs with the M9
BoomSound settings on the HTC One M9 | Android Central

Its not the same. Here are are referencing the internal chip that controls audio, which would impact the headphones and the quality of the sound there.
The boomsound referenced in the M9 is more of a software enhancement added on top of the audio chip that processes the music. The chip in the A9 is a better chip that produces better sound and processes it way better.