Coming from G4, A9 or M9+?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
I am very happy with my G4 but I want to return to HTC, I just can't live without their UI and metal casing.
What is a better choice?
A9 which is newer but screen is smaller or the M9+ which has a bad camera but a very good screen QHD + 5.2''?
I sold my M9 because I had sometimes trouble reading text as I have some astigmatism, is the Amoled screen of the A9 better for text reading or I should definitely take the M9+?

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Are you accustomed to having a blazing fast processor? If so you might want to consider the M9+. I don't game much but even still I sometimes notice lag in scrolling and in app transitions on my A9. I came from a OnePlus One with an SD801. The G4 has an SD808 so the SD617 in the A9 would be a bit of a decrease in processing power. Just something to consider along with the display issues you mentioned.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you accustomed to having a blazing fast processor? If so you might want to consider the M9+. I don't game much but even still I sometimes notice lag in scrolling and in app transitions on my A9. I came from a OnePlus One with an SD801. The G4 has an SD808 so the SD617 in the A9 would be a bit of a decrease in processing power. Just something to consider along with the display issues you mentioned.

Well having a powerful GPU is not always resulting with faster UI, the G4 had some lags and was certainly a bit slower than the M9 I had.
HTC is known to build the best smooth Android UI even on not so powerfull specs, though what I wanted to know is for someone who has some troubles with his vision due to astigmatism if the amoled screen with its higher contrast is better or the M9+ with its bigger and higher PPI is better

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I have terrible astigmatism in my right eye (corrected by contact lenses) and the AMOLED screen on the A9 is marvelous. I just wish it was brighter.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Good to know :)
The M9 screen was not good due to poor contrast, I remember the S6 screen text was much sharper than the M9 thanks to the amoled deep blacks, poor contrast can do white ''bleeding'' for us astigmatic people

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89