Can Sprint or HTC enable WiFi calling on the HTC A9?

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I have an A9 Sprint branded that I purchased from HTC. The phone recently was updated to 6.0.1 by an Ota download. Prior to this upgrade the phone did not have WiFi calling. After the upgrade it was in the settings items. I tried and it did not work. Took the issue to both Sprint and HTC and they pointed the finger at each other. I want this capability and if they can not deliver I am going to return it for a refund. Any suggestions.

Posted via the Android Central App

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Go to sprint.com and add the WiFi calling plan add on that is free. Then try it again.

Unless you are in your return window, I highly doubt they will return your device when an unpublished feature on your phone isn't operating correctly.

Cynthia Johnston

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Fire up the Wi-Fi calling the first time and it should walk through the 'self-service' to activate WFC. After that, tell the phone that your current Wi-Fi access point is to be used for calls and enter the street address when asked. Then act as if you're just using the phone normally. 'Cause, to you, it will be.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Sprint but have been using the WI-FI calling. I haven't figured out why, but on occasion, I lose the other's voice for several seconds. Other than that, the sound quality is fantastic.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Latest news from Sprint is the unlocked One A9 does not support WiFi calling contrary to information they have published on the HTC Web site.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
HTC has the worst customer service experience I have EVER SEEN. GOODBY HTC HELLO HUAWEI. VERY REFINED PHONE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae